X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Harley Davidson Commercial

Hahahaha
    I love this
    I'm always making jokes about Harley Davidson's. So the other day my buddy said to me, "Ryan for all the shit you talk about Harley's I'm surprised you have...
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: Honest Harley Davidson Commercial

I am a harley hater, even got to make my own decision riding a very expensive loud custom when I was a teen. Some ear damage aroud jets, living in a busy city street.. they just suck more than ever with resonance.

there is respects about them:
    no bullshit with the steel (the engine can't allow it)

a real downdraft..but the engine is so off balance, it doesn't matter...at least some of the downdraft (sidedraft) hung around.

I know someone who put a balanced engine in a harley. the engine went faster in the heavier harley than the ricer it came from... It taught me alot about cars upon witnessing this. the engine and steel that holds it.

that chassis with a balanced engine (I vote boxer) ... I'd be begging to have one.

for now, its just a****le
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

great video, and IMO accurate!!

Nothing screams "PLease, please, accept me! I want to be cool!!" quite as loudly as a loud set of Harley pipes. It reminds me of college fraternities - people will do the stupidest things just to seem like they're part of the "cool" crowd
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

No argument from me. One of the interesting things for me at Maxton was to finally realize that they aren't fast, either. At the April meet we had a guy get into the 200 MPH club on a Harley - pretty good. This was after a TON of work and expenditure of enough money to build an aircraft carrier (which might weigh less). But at that same meet Bill Warner took his 'Busa 277. Better, by a LOT.

Dan

Comment

I always thought Harley was more about style than speed.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
            maybe 30 years ago. Now it's about Bandwagon, and maximizing profits from people willing to blow 30K in vain attempts to compensate... :D
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Funny video. i do like Buells though

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                That describes a lot of things in the motorhead culture.
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Funny. I started LSR racing a '78 Camaro with a 250" six because it came there. Now everyone tells me how "cool" it is. I thought it was cheap and what I could do. So I guess I have no clue where style points come from.

Not Very Stylish Dan

Comment

Dan, people would probably say the same thing about us and out 40+ year engine technology. You can go buy a new car that would blow the doors off of anything offered in the 60s and have A/C and good fuel economy, but it wouldn't have the same look and feel that the old stuff does.
                    I've had Harleys for over 20 years now and have watched guys like you are talking about come and go. You're always going to have someone who is insecure about the size of their wanker, i.e. buyers at Barret Jackson, and will do anything to be a part of the "in" crowd, whatever crowd that would be.

Originally posted by DanStokes
                    No argument from me. One of the interesting things for me at Maxton was to finally realize that they aren't fast, either. At the April meet we had a guy get into the 200 MPH club on a Harley - pretty good. This was after a TON of work and expenditure of enough money to build an aircraft carrier (which might weigh less). But at that same meet Bill Warner took his 'Busa 277. Better, by a LOT.

Dan

Comment

I race an antique inline Chevy six - mostly because it came in the $800 car and was, therefore, cheap. I'm fully aware that a Mitsu Evo can go a ton faster. The difference between what I do and the Harley guys is that they pay PREMIUM to drive what is, essentially, old stuff. Technology marches on and I'm left behind not by choice but by $$.

The reason I mentioned that I have realized in the last couple of years that Harleys aren't fast is because I grew up in an era where everyone around me said that they were the fastest thing on the block. I probably should have gotten a clue when I blew them off with my Mach III in 1970 but I figured it was just THAT Harley.

Anyhow, to each his/her own. I just don't get it.

Dan

Comment

I get it, its me too. Its I have a loud harley now so I am cool. Hey look at how cool I am. I wanna be a badass so I have this $30k bike with straight pipes that barely gets out of its own way. I can wear black and have patches and bandannas in public after I get done with my respectable job.

They drive by here in packs all summer. I am thankful for the rainy days because no stupid wannabes on loud ass bikes. Two days ago I thought I heard a UH-1N Huey flying over, but it was a Harley. I idle around town with my 79 Formula, trying not to disturb anyone, and the cops pull me over to tell me its too loud. Meanwhile a pack of Harleys drives by that drowns out what the cop is saying and he doesnt even bother to look. Sure there is more power under the hood of my car than that entire group of 15 bikes has, and it is barely muffled with 3.5" Dynomax bullet mufflers, but they are trying to make noise and be obnoxious. They want everyone to see how cool they are and think they are a badass even though they are a manager at the local grocery store.

They want to belong, they want to fit in with something they just arent part of. I liked Harleys until about 15 years ago when everybody and their cousins brother got one and put straight pipes on it in an effort to be cool. I wouldnt buy one now just because I would be joining in with the wannabes, even if I just liked the bike. The sound is old and annoying now, not like it was when I didnt hear it all freakin summer.

My car is loud because it isnt easy to muffle 700hp of N/A Pontiac, not because I want attention or to look cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X