Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I called Chrysler complaints...to complain

Why?

Well, in the 98 to 01 Dodge Rams, the dash is a massive expance of plastic that is prone to cracking and breaking out.

My dash is essentialy gone, there is nothing but ugly under dash stuff visable.

I have done some research and to replace it is costly, even if I do it myself. BUT I did find a web site with a phone number...the phone number was to Chrysler complaints...and those that called it claimed that the their dashes have been replaced for under 150 bucks...there are dash caps out there for about the same price..but if I can get the whole thingreplaced the right way...why not give it a shot?

So, 150 bucks is in my price range...so I gave them a ring...I will know by close of business Monday if they will be able to help me or not.

lets see what happens...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: So I called Chrysler complaints...to complain

try this number
    202-456-1414

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
      Why?

Well, in the 98 to 01 Dodge Rams, the dash is a massive expance of plastic that is prone to cracking and breaking out.

I have done some research and to replace it is costly, even if I do it myself. BUT I did find a web site with a phone number...the phone number was to Chrysler complaints...and those that called it claimed that the their dashes have been replaced for under 150 bucks...there are dash caps out there for about the same price..but if I can get the whole thingreplaced the right way...why not give it a shot?

So, 150 bucks is in my price range...so I gave them a ring...I will know by close of business Monday if they will be able to help me or not.

lets see what happens...
      OMG ten years of sun baking cracked the dash... call dr phil.. OMG..
      Joe, it's 10 years old, and they build them that way because 90% are in the junkyard by then or replaced because the pass side air bag took it out in a crash..
      , I think your passes the 7/70

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
        Why?

lets see what happens...
        Joe, it's 10 years old, and they build them that way because 90% are in the junkyard by then or replaced because the pass side air bag took it out in a crash..
        jesus christ......AGAIN....it is a known, documented problem, the damn thing started cracking back in 04 but they would not warranty it...i didnt say it was a supprised, I am not ####ing stupid.....I know I am passed the warranty...jesus christ.

But yeah, youre right, if there are documented cases of Chrysler paying for the repair...I should not try becasue they are all in the junk yard....f**K me...

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Thats crap! A dash shouldnt fall apart in 10 years .My Buick is ten years old the dash hasnt fallen apart. I hope they do something for you my friend has the same problem with his .Let me know what happens I will tell him to call too.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
            Thats crap! A dash shouldnt fall apart in 10 years .My Buick is ten years old the dash hasnt fallen apart. I hope they do something for you my friend has the same problem with his .Let me know what happens I will tell him to call too.
            youre right...no matter what a dash should not vanish in 10-11 years....mine is gone..nothing...GONE...I understand that they have a co-pay for the repair...IF they fix it at all..I have seen people charged as much as 200 and as little as 100 SOOooo...if you figure in the parts and labor...it would be like 1400 bucks. I will give you the number if they hook me up.

Comment

ooph , the endless warranty again

Comment

Why?

lets see what happens...
                jesus christ......AGAIN....it is a known, documented problem, the damn thing started cracking back in 04 but they would not warranty it...i didnt say it was a supprised, I am not ####ing stupid.....I know I am passed the warranty...jesus christ.

But yeah, youre right, if there are documented cases of Chrysler paying for the repair...I should not try becasue they are all in the junk yard....f**K me...

hay maybe they'll replace tore 66 dash too

Comment

Why?

My dash is essentially gone, there is nothing but ugly under dash stuff visible.

lets see what happens...
                  jesus christ......AGAIN....it is a known, documented problem, the damn thing started cracking back in 04 but they would not warranty it...i didn't say it was a supprised, I am not ####ing stupid.....I know I am passed the warranty...jesus christ.

But yeah, you're right, if there are documented cases of Chrysler paying for the repair...I should not try because they are all in the junk yard....f**K me...

hay maybe they'll replace tore 66 dash too
                  :

gosh, you're clever. That really drove home the point your trying to make. And because it was so clever I am no longer going to pursue this endeavor...

Comment

Give it a wing and see if they do it, can't hurt. And hell I'll give a little of my tax dollars to help Joe out. ;)

Comment

maybe they will give you the old 500 bucks off of a new car routine
                      coupon
                      ha , if I were the dealer stuck doing warranty dash boards on a 9 and a half year old truck for someone who has A] never been in my store and B] never will be back to my store .... I would not be too happy to do money losing warranty work on a car 7 years outta warranty
                      give it a try though

Comment

Hell ya.......go for it.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect
                        parts to last beyond the warranty period.

Seems we have to find parts now
                        at a Tupperware party.
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

worst they can say is no right?

Comment

worst they can say is no right?
                            Exactly.......
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I say give it a shot. I seem to recall GM doing a bunch of repaints because when they switched to a water borne paint, it started coming off is sheets in just a few years. They did a bunch of cars and truck way past warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X