CHP motor officer killed during pursuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP motor officer killed during pursuit

This morning about 645 am, in the city of Redlands, Southern California, a chp officer was killed after initiating a short pursuit of 4 scum in a car. Pursuit was at 100 mph when the officer collided with a big rig. The scum crashed a short time later and all are in custody. Officer 7 years on the job, wife and 2 young kids.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Re: CHP motor officer killed during pursuit

A six y/o girl was killed this morning when a car chase ended in a crash at the of a cul du sac. The suspect accelerated right into a group of children who were playing.

It's really getting scary on the Southland freeways.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

rest in peace

Comment

Pardon me for telling ya, but that's what you get when police persue high speed chases.

Comment

RIP

Comment

Thoughts and prayers ...
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by ch1ll
              Pardon me for telling ya, but that's what you get when police persue high speed chases.
              There does seem to be a need for a standard on chases. Usually it is the civilians that pay the price in what I think is the cop power tripping.

But if the culprit knows that as soon as he hits a certain speed the pursuit ends they will all hit that speed and hold it a.s.a.p. If they get close enough to get a plate number they should send a unmarked to their residence and pick them up when hey pull into the drive/parking spot.

Comment

I'm of the thinking that once they have a chopper overhead and locked in, the ground vehicles could back off and have the guys in the be their eyes. Once the car stops, they swarm. It's of real concern to me that they don't back of a chase in those conditions when they are chasing someone down who is wanted for things that aren't a danger to others. People run for as idiotic things as not having a license, or warrants for traffic tickets.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

x2

r.i.p.

and of course it'll be the 4 being chased fault the cop lost control of his car :o

Comment

It's always sad when an officer gets hurt or dies. They do a hard job and have to make some seriously hard decisions, like do I chase this guy and put lots of people in danger or do I let this guy go and hopefully catch up with him later. I for one am not for high speed chases, there are just way to many variables that come into play and a high percentage of the time some innocent by-standard gets hurt. I've always wondered why cops chase people, I can understand if it was a kidnapping or a murder suspect, but why for a simple traffic infraction, which is basically how these chases start. We have posted speed limits for a reason and that is because people in government smarter than us determined that the speed posted was the safest speed for that road, so what makes an officer think that his car and driving ability is capable of running higher speeds than the posted speed limit?? So basically what it comes down to is the guy getting pulled over runs, sure he's going to speed to get away, but once he feel he's gotten away he's not going to speed anymore for the simple fact he doesn't way to bring attention on himself. So you end up with a guy speeding for a mile or two, which is a lot less time for an accident to happen than if the cop decides to chase him and it goes on for 10 to 20 miles where the person is driving through lawns and on sidewalks where people can get hurt.

Basically the officer is just as liable for anyone that gets hurt in a high speed chase for the simple fact that he initiated the car chase when he decided to chase the guy that was trying to get away. Sure if the guy would have just pulled over the chase would have never happened, but is having the cop escalate it by pursuing the suspect at a high rate of speed make it any better??

And I've always wondered, if they have a helicopter filming the chase, wouldn't it be easier for the cop cars to slow down and let the helicopter fallow the suspect to where he stops, and then have the cop cars swarm in at that point??

Comment

9 times out of 10 you get caught w/o chase sooner or later. You can't outrun a Motorola. Police just don't use common sense.

Comment

9 times out of 10 you get caught w/o chase sooner or later. You can't outrun a Motorola. Police just don't use common sense.
                        x10000
                        the family members that are cops, always said that,, can't out run the radio..

sadly common sense isn't needed for that job anymore..

Comment

Working...
                        X