Saturday nights alright for ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday nights alright for ...

So we finally got a break in the weather here this weekend and had a gorgeous day. So I figure what the hey I'll get a permit for the Vega and go have some fun. Picked up the permit and came home, cleaned up the car checked the oil etc. and fired her up. Went for a short drive and then figured I would swing past my bro's shop. He tuned up the car for me and I managed to pass Aircare with flying colours so now I can actually insure the beast this summer ;D ;D

So, Sat. night I'm out cruising, having a good ol' time checking out the other cars etc. I pull up to this one set of lights and there's this really nice Chev truck sitting there. Flat black, lowered, nice wheels, nice rumble to it and as I get along side I lean out the window to tell the guy how nice his truck looks. He sneers at me and turns up his stereo so he can't hear me. WTF? Asshat I figure so I just ignore him, light turns green and he nails it, smokes the tires pretty good. I left a little harder than normal but wasn't even spinninig the tires, actually wasn't even looking to race but now this guys starting to bug me. I'm about a half car length behind him when he finally stops spinning 'em and I drop it into low and walk on it. The car sounds like hell unleashed when you nail it, very loud! I instantly pitched the car sideways but thought f*ck it I'm not getting out of it. Came along side him and put it in second still going sideways as I past him got a few lengths ahead of him and backed out of it and let it idle down until we drew along side each other again. Stopped at the next set of lights and asked if he wanted to do this for real. Wouldn't look at me wouldn't say nothing just kept looking straight ahead, lmao.

Anyway, juvenile I know but sometimes you just gotta, ya know?
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Re: Saturday nights alright for ...

No matter how old you are theres always one that gets to you. ;D

Comment

Juvenile maybe..but I think everyone of us has been in very similar situations..and I aint gonna judge you...cuz 95% of us woulda done the same thing...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

not much friendly anymore.

I remember my first ricer encounter in the 90s. Maine is a bit slow on that subject, cuz ricers die here.
        First I ever felt someone was challenging my chevy v8 pride. Young, in the mitary, nerdy and driving in my t-top v8 car.
        toughest in the world right?

so I let the ricer slam though 5 gears at 77 million rpm... in front of me, and finally the 2.73s let me hit second and pass him...
        I literally stayed in first his entire nos breathing honda screaming five gear slamming spic ghetto mobile...
        then the runt thought road rage against something 1000 pounds heavier was gonna do something.
        Never saw anything like it...all unexpected...attitude was not the word for it. Psychotic and completely retarded...oh my god.. it took over america anyway.

Two american rods rumbling side by side needs no attitudes. :

Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Agreed. Sometimes you just gotta put assholes back in their place. If he had his girlfriend with him, that woulda made it even better!
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

My last street race was started something like this. Yet I was the one trying to ignore the other. I let the other guy get to me and let my ego do the thinking. It didn't end well.

I'm glad you had some fun with your Vega. Just don't let the asshat in the other car get you to do something stupid.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

You guys make me want to get the GTO or the Formula out this summer. I havent been challenged by anything since I left South Carolina. Of course down there it was always ricers thinking they could hang with a 10 second ride only to find out I would be across the intersection before they cleared the crosswalk and didnt even have to open it up.

Comment

I'm not even getting into it, I've lined up with 3 different new Camaro's, problem is my wife was with me and she gets pissed when I race. So I had to just toy with the guys until the old lady started yelling. ;D

Comment

I'm going tomorrow to try and re-new my tag (they are closed Mondays) I got the insurance Friday and tried to get it then but they would only give me a 96 hour permit until I take it to the emission facility. I know it won't pass, but there is a show car loophole I might fit into.
                  I keep telling myself that I'll be good, but I don't know who I'm really kidding.
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                  X