NHRA Unleashed this past weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHRA Unleashed this past weekend

Worked the 1st NHRA unleashed event this past weekend in Atlanta. Was a good turn out despite the brutal heat and humidity. I spent two days rigging cameras in the race cars and our man Chad was even announcing.

Here's a link with race results and pics. If you scroll down the page a ways there's a good shot of Chad in the "air conditioned comfort" of the announcer's booth. If you go down further there's a shot of one of the mini F1 cars that Mississippi State and Clemson were competing with in a special event and on it you can see my camera rigs. I'm so proud ;)

Re: NHRA Unleashed this past weekend

I was there both days as a spectator. I was hoping for a chance to meet Chad but he's a hard man
    to corner.

I thought the turnout was kinda slim but it was the first ever unleashed event, may take a while to gain
    some momentum.

The TV thing stunk from a spectator's point of view, too much downtime. Hope it made for a good show though.

I didn't stay to the end on Sun. After the third oildown in about a dozen cars I just couldn't take any more.
    I can live with the heat if I'm hav'n fun but to sit in 90+ degree heat to watch a cleanup was just too much.

Overall I had a good time. I think with a few tweaks it could be a really good event. Hope the NHRA keeps it around.

Comment

Re: NHRA Unleashed this past weekend

There was a big learning curve for the TV production end because they're used to doing pinks all out where the whole thing revolves around the show. Here they were trying to shoot two shows during an actual drag racing event. Big difference.

I can't believe no one was running the autocross! I didn't see anyone out there. Damn show car guys and lawn chair racers.

Hey, Chad will be in Bowling Green this weekend for the HotRod reunion. Maybe you can catch him there.

Comment

Working...
      X