Whats it worth $$$$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats it worth $$$$$

Not really tryin to sell but what do you guys think its worth. 1988 IROC camaro 5.7 auto loaded w/ no t tops 2185 miles? Yes 2185 stored in a bubble.

Re: Whats it worth $$$$$

Have to see the pic's of it first. If its hot pink no sale.

Comment

If you paint it purple, move to Minnesota, and say it was a Vikings special edition, it's worth about $4,000,000.

If you saw the truck on ebay, you get it...

Comment

That truck had original paint > How dare you mock a four million dollar truck.

:D
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Eighties' Car Values

What options?

Any pics? Original tires?

What was the MSRP window sticker?

Still have it, & all the dealer/sales docs, right?

Car ever titled? (Just some quick Qs you'll be asked repeatedly.)
          -----------------------------------------------

I'm sure you know it likely won't bring a "ton" of cash.

The vast majority of '73-period onward period vehicles do not, & may not...ever.

Even the few "special-interest & "low-number" cars, w/extremely low miles,
          and in near-factory shape, "rarely" even match their initial cost, especially
          after adjusting for inflation. For one "classic" example, an '87 Buick GN w/miles
          still in two-digits & with the assembly line protective plastic still covering its
          interior recently stayed on the market off & on for years before that one-
          in-a-million buyer (with too-much $$ to even dicker on the price) paid 32K.

Factor the 1987 MSRP sticker into 2008 $$ & what'cha get? --- 32K.

The original owner told us afterwards he was prepared to drop the price to 25K
          if needed, because he'd just experienced years of a gawker:potential-buyer
          (w/cash) ratio of about 10,000-to-one, & was not going to let this guy
          get away. He said selling the car, after tediously & meticulously caring for the car for 20+years, was like getting a tremendous weight off his back. And his family agreed.

Let's hope you have similarly extraordinary luck with your sale. --

Comment

I saw it on ebay. Heres the #270210625367

Comment

I love those cars. They are a great car to just drive the wheels off of. I have had a 86 TPI Z28, a 91 T/A Convertable and my wife has had a '84 Z28, '86 Z28 and '91 GTA.

That car looks nice but I would want to drive the wheels off it.

Comment

Put it on E-Bay with a high Reserve and see what it does. Man you could cut that up and make a sick car out of it with your truck motor ;)
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Barrett Jackson, and add a good story line to it. $80,000 no doubt.
                  (President Kennedy once flew over the car).
                  And a few other big name people probably saw it in its day. We can get that price right up there where it needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordplay0621
                    Barrett Jackson, and add a good story line to it. $80,000 no doubt.
                    (President Kennedy once flew over the car).
                    And a few other big name people probably saw it in its day. We can get that price right up there where it needs to be.

Or just say" If Don Yenko would have built an IROC, it would look just like this one". You could also call it a COPO and get big bucks for it, too.

Comment

Even better, tell everyone it's a recreation of a 5.7 Iroc. They'll pay more for it no problem.

Comment

7 grand is the top end on those cars in good shape. Runners are around 4. Projects are nearly free. 12-15k for one like yours would be my guess.

Unless you're looking for a 305/t5 car... in that case they're unobtainable because someone else got there a half hour ago and paid in small bills and food stamps. ;D
                        Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

at th chevy dealer I worked at , we had a dark gray 89 IROC with the 350 , new for that year subwoofer bose stereo and a leather interior , I remember the sticker was 19 grand and the car sat on the lot for 2 years

years later we had a white 97 SS Camaro that sat on the lot for 19 months

that must have been the dawn of the suv craze

Comment

This guy's asking $12.5k for his:
                            http://norfolk.craigslist.org/car/599165548.html

305, ragtop, 44k miles.

Very nice car. I wouldn't mind having it. Wouldn't pay that money though.
                            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

i went to a private auction last year in murray ky. this old guy had 200 low millage cars he bought over the years. he had everything from nashs' to studebakers, to corvettes and 57 chevy convertibles. he had a 83 Z-28 with 300 miles on it. window sticker still on the window. it sold for $19,700. but keep in mind, cruze international hosted the auction. they had booklets out for 6 months and it brought in the buyers. everything there sold for twice what it was worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X