Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Curious:Anybody here on Facebook???

Originally posted by tedly
    Yup. I've got friends scattered all over the country and no money to go see them. It's an easy way to stay in touch and keep the people who mean a lot to me in my life. I freakin hate that farmville crap, though.
    I'm with you on that. I've moved so many times (used to average more than once a year before the wife came along) it's impossible to keep up with any of the friends I've made along the way. As for everyone's paranoia, I had to make a second, "professional" (aka sanitized) Facebook account for potential employers to find. If you want to find the real me, check for Edsel Venjince and look for an otter holding a Bud light.

Comment

Facebook SUCKS! Every time I go there, I'm on a different page, and can't navigate for crap. I moved from N.Y. to SoCal in 1969 at age 14, and was so thrilled to be in automotive mecca, I never looked back. Anyway, someone suggested I join Facebook and find old friends from N.Y. .....Well, after searching about 50 people, I managed to find one girl. And she's as full of herself now as she was 40years ago. Thanks Facebook :.
      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Laplander
        Was on it and then realized there was a reason I never stayed in touch with most of my graduating class. ;D

LOL, that's why I didn't go to any of my class reunions. Only went to my 30th.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDOWN
          I agree with LOREN STUDEMAX AND JOES66FURY2
          My Facebook experience SUCKED. My PRIOR boyfriend hooked up with women from his past and started secret e-mail campaigns. also he never friended me. i hate facebook. Maybe it can be used without hurting anyone but that was definitely not my experience :-[ At the time it really broke my heart but I have moved on from that A$$.

Sorry about going off it was just really hard he ended up leaving me for an old flame he reconnected with on facebook it was painful and degrading

That sucks. Sorry to hear was such an ass. Welcome to Bang Shift. We only have some instigators here.

My experience on facebook has been nothing but positive. Ive been able to find old school buddies. I moved to Cali just out of HS from Nebraska. I also have family Im close to but they all live in the mid west. I've made new friends there as well.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm on FB...type" Chris Stewart", look for the crappy black 3rd-gen Camaro in front of a shack.

Never mind the piles of game crap on the page(OK, the Mafia Wars stuff is me...LOL)...something the wife does.

Have made some friends, not so much from the past.....

Comment

I'm on there but can't get used to needing to tell everyone what my cat did that morning. I'm not there for reconnecting. Signed up hoping more gearheads would share more news.

Comment

I'm on there, but got tired of the bullshit and haven't been on in months. I did find a few OLD friends, a couple old girlfriends, too. ;D

One good thing came of it, I had a 31 year old daughter, that I haven't seen since she was about 6 months, find me. I didn't know if she was my daughter at the time and her mom never told me. Plans are on to meet next month. Her husband is being deployed to Africa and they're taking two weeks vacation in South Padre before he goes. They're planning on stopping here for a couple days to see the family.

Comment

That's awesome! Congratulations!
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Better to find this thread late than start a new one...

I'm on there just to kill time at work. I'm in both BS groups/pages if you wanna find me.
                    Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

charles wickam on fb, I tend to post photos ive takin of misc shit and give my fb friends crap bout what they did that day
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I'm there too, Buddy Buchanan. It's neat talking with certain people after 30+ years.
                        Living the dream!

Comment

Working...
                        X