thoughts from a long weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts from a long weekend

After spending 3 days at the NHRR event in bowling green and spending time with chad and brian, I come to a few conclusions...

its flippin hot here, I thought this part of the country might be nice and fairly cool, someone lied to me

a 57 chevy wagon can catch on fire and still be mint

dave mcclelland is the official spokes man of THE nhra

brian lohnes can channel the dead colonel sanders

you can go mud bogging in a nissan versa

gps can be wrong and very annoying

people really dont care if you drive a blown anglia with wheelie bars on the street and do full throttle passes next to your hotel

you can not get it your way at mccdonalds

Krystals sweet bites might be the greatest fast food item ever

you can take over 1,200 photos and still not get pics of everything

race track food sucks

it is possible to blow up the tranny in your brand new camaro while attempting a burn out in front of a large group of people

that you can meet great people from all over the country in just a few minutes

that a certain trailer car needs a tiara

straight 6's are now cool

sun block and whale jizz is the same thing

the dragin wagon is my bitch now

......... I could go on and on but I just want to really thank Chad and Brian for taking a chance on a guy they really didnt know and giving me a chance to prove myself with a camera, these guys took care of me for the weekend like one body could or should have. I cant thank them enough for what they did for me this past weekend in bowling green. Chad, Brian - THANK YOU !
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Re: thoughts from a long weekend

Alot of good people here.Sounds like you had a GREAT time.Thats what it is about!

Comment

Glad you had fun Boog!
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

being lazy at home, photos are great. Adds to a decent internet. ;D

a 57 chevy wagon can catch on fire and still be mint
        I love that. Are they the real 16 gauge? been a long time since tapping on one.. there is no way they are 18.

The irony of welding the hell out of my jap wagon after melting itself to lightning...
        ..and 18 is the "thick" stuff. :

I asked for this trouble, gotta live with it.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR

Krystals sweet bites might be the greatest fast food item ever
          Haven't had the Sweet Bites, but Krystal's chili cheese fries are awesome!
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Krystal is cheaper than food - and my Southern substitute for White Castles, which are better. We have neither in Wilmington.

edit: Forgot to add - glad the Boys took care of you. I've hung out w/Brian a couple of times - nuttier than a fruitcake but fun. Met and hung a little w/Chad at B'ville. I suspect he's Ty Pennington's long lost brother - Daphne deserves a reward and is all that's standing between him and "The Home".

Dan

Comment

That is an awesome track, I've raced there a few times. One day I'm going to attend that event. I'm glad they got it dried out in time.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Charles did a fantastic job this weekend, he was a HUGE part of us being able to still bring some great stuff to the table despite losing out on the video deal.

Any weekend that involves nitro and near constant laughter is a winner in my book. The fact he tolerated Chad and I for a couple days is even more of a miracle.

I'm shocked he didn't mention a couple of other things, like the morning I scared the shite out of him while we were driving down the road at about 40 mph and I pulled an e-brake sneak attack on Chad from the passenger seat. The little shitbox we were driving wanted to swap ends in a hurry, but our man was up to the task. Or the repeated valve spring testing we performed on said shitbox just about every time we started it, much to the chargin of on lookers.

You'd be suprised at how pissed people get when the car next to them in a parking lot starts and immediately goes to eight grand on the limiter for 10-15 seconds before driving away. :D

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Rental car abuse........ ( I'm calling the rental car cops, As we speak.... )

K
                  ( Ps.... I have a freind who shall remain nameless... but he couldn't wear out thread of the rentals tires so he did donuts until the side walls were giving out.... Lucky for him the rental cop came out and stopped him )

Comment

E brake sneak attack... :D Friggin nuttier than squirrel poop...
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

More motivation for me to make it to BSEAST.... great news all around. This is what it's all about - and I need to do more of it!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X