Pinks All Out Tucson and the state of vdeos in our hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinks All Out Tucson and the state of vdeos in our hobby

Last weekend I attended (entered seems an overly hopeful word) the Pinks All Out event in Tucson AZ. As one of 350 registered entries my odds were poor in terms of being in the "All Out 16" and the 12.50 class eventually announced confirmed that.

Never the less the largest crowd I'd ever seen at an SIR event, (20,000+) was treated to a legit quick eight show, with high seven to high eight second doorslammer, a quick eight dragster show featuring 7 sec ET's in what are normally throttle stop (gag) bracket racers and jet cars plus the aforementioned $10,000 All Out 16.

We left during 'eliminations' as the TV shoot between rounds is endless. But we missed what was, for most folks in attendance, the highlight of the evening a jet car roasting a "import" with its afterburner.

I know this was the highlight because a casual Google search after the event turned up a virtually endless list of posted videos of the roasted import, reportedly a Mercury Capri, the German version, and only one video of anything else, in this case a quick eight burnout by a very fast Camaro.

Knowing that this site will live and die by its video content despite the high intelligence of its forum members, one has to wonder if the key to success will be high quality shots of jet cars roasting imports or more substantial content of real guys doing real car stuff? Any thoughts from our hosts?

BTW, the spell checker didn't recognize the word Camaro and its first suggestion was Camry. Is this the first sign of the automotive apocalypse or just cleverly placed humor?
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Re: Pinks All Out Tucson and the state of vdeos in our hobby

Originally posted by CDMBill
    BTW, the spell checker didn't recognize the word Camaro and its first suggestion was Camry. Is this the first sign of the automotive apocalypse or just cleverly placed humor?
    I mentioned the same thing last night. Definately needs to be fixed.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Bill, how did the car run anyways??

give Ben a pat on the head for me, I miss that dog.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Wow, good points across the board there... I never thought of the content but you're thinking is correct.

Comment

20k people at SIR? dang......sorry I missed it!
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Knowing that this site will live and die by its video content despite the high intelligence of its forum members, one has to wonder if the key to success will be high quality shots of jet cars roasting imports or more substantial content of real guys doing real car stuff? Any thoughts from our hosts?
            Our highly intelligent forum members have made Word Association and In 5 Words two of the most viewed/most responded-to topics on this board. I think it goes to show that a little mind gum isn't so bad.

Clearly, we'll need vids of violence and gee-whiz stuff in order to draw the audience numbers required in order to sell the ads. Think of the videos that everyone talks about and the one that get sent around the net. No one walks into your office and says "hey you gotta see this" over a video of the final round of a random race somewhere. Those aren't the scenes that get emailed to you by ten different people in a week. Word gets spread that way, and then many people wind up sticking around for the real meat of the site.

Therefore, real meat in the form of great stories and hardcore tech will also be here. It's our hope to be the credibility center of the gearhead net in order to keep people coming back.

Comment

great...I can see it now...videos of Lindsey and Paris and Brittney and Nicole crashing their cars.....

(just kidding!!!!)
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Jim you think we could find them all with thier clothes on crashing this time?

Hmmm

Comment

what fun would that be?

Comment

I like convertablevs and topless, the slomo vidieo would be great!! lol
                    Living the dream!

Comment

Right on Bill X2, Turk those pictures will be hard to find.

It should be like flies to fly paper.
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Bill that is something us Camaro owners have just had to learn to live with! Seems as though a Ford programmer was responsible for the spell checkers program!

Comment

Working...
                        X