Real World: C4C on display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real World: C4C on display

Last year we all wieghed in on how the stupid Cash for Crunkers bill might effect us hobbist.Yesterday I got to see it first hand at my local (OVERPRICED!) Pic-n-pull.
    On my left at least 5 5.4 DOHC Ford mod motors still sitting in there pretty much un damaged chassie's spray painted across the windshields "Engine Block Not For Sale". the government mandated tag hanging on the oil fill tubes telling me the internals of what was a perfectly good engine are now junk.
    A few sections over I found the same on the late model Chevy engines everybody seems to be in love with,the ones with the coils on the valve covers,look I'm a Ford Guy I don't know ls,q,v,d 7,6,5,4,3 from anything,but you get the idea.
    I stoped counting the Chevies after 3 rows! At least 18 trucks! The cars where scattered but one Lincoln Mk VIII with the killer 4.6 DOHC suffered the death sauce,I couldn't find any reason that car should have been there other than the $3500 it was traded in for. You guys that cruise salvage yards know when you find a good car,ALL of the interior was gone,no hood,fenders trunk lid,doors or glass either. The center section of the rear end was in place,the basic long block was in place and the trans was still there.

I'm sure the Dodge section was full of C4C cars too,but I have no reason to go there.

At least I can grab the wire harness off one of those trucks when it's time to MegaSqirt my FE.

Other than that,what a waste.

Re: Real World: C4C on disply

youu want to get piseed off? go to youtube and type in cash for clunkers....watch the burn out videos of the cars that were traded in and then abused by the clowns at the lot....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Re: Real World: C4C on display

I would rather the cars got blown while somebody was beating on it than the liquid injection they got.

Comment

What a waste...

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03
          I would rather the cars got blown while somebody was beating on it than the liquid injection they got.
          I agree, but the cars I saw were very nice, a very clean ram like mine, a GTA, and Mustang...damn shame...
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
          X