Brake Booster Grommet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Booster Grommet

Where do I go to get one of these stupid things? The original checkvalve on the Riviera has a 3/4in barb fitting into the booster and a 3/8in barb to the engine. The Turbo6 has a 1/2in barb on the engine and a 1/2in barb on the checkvalve. I have HELP one from Autozone but it sucks and I don't trust it. Where can I get a 1 piece unit?

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: Brake Booster Grommet

Seriously?

Try NAPA.

They still sell "real" auto parts in their Balkamp line.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Car Quest...

Comment

Originally posted by min301
        Car Quest...
        Car Quest, HELP 2 piece grommet
        Autozone, HELP 2 piece grommet
        Advance Auto, HELP 2 piece grommet
        NAPA, OUT OF BUSINESS

I know TSB won't sympathize but tomorrow I've got to go to the next town over to see if thier NAPA is still alive and check for this stupid grommet!
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I will get one for you , if it is still in the warranty scrap bin

Comment

I'm really tempted to stop by the closest junk yard and see if they'll sell me one! Either that or I'm going to be pawing through PCV grommets looking for a match.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
              I'm really tempted to stop by the closest junk yard and see if they'll sell me one! Either that or I'm going to be pawing through PCV grommets looking for a match.
              I had to get one from a salvage yard once becasue no one had them for my old T-Bird (16yrs ago) good luck finding one...
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Well I took the stupid 2 piece HELP one and glued the 2 pieces together with weatherstripping adhesive. Seems to be working but I've not fired it up yet.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Hey I got mine in the help isle for my Regal at Oreillys......my pack had the grommet and pvc piece in it.
                  That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I went to the NAPA and they did have something but it was the wrong size. I'm going to take it back with the old too big hole grommet and see if they can match it up for me. Probably a weekend project because they close the doors at 1600 everyday and I don't make it out of the office till at least 1630 if not 1730 somedays.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

This may seem crazy, but check Ace Hardware, they usually have a nice selection of rubber grommets.

Comment

Working...
                      X