Toyota Just Not What They Used To Be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Just Not What They Used To Be

Toyota Motor Corp. said Thursday about 270,000 cars sold worldwide ? including luxury Lexus sedans ? have faulty engines,

Re: Toyota Just Not What They Used To Be

I get mad at all of them. not just toyota. :

Reading up on the the top 11 list matt cramer made..
    I thought back to the 4 happiest customers at a quick lube i woked at in 1994..
    injection was in full swing.

#1. toyota pickup driver. 1979..way over 300k. It was getting to the point where next head gasket needed a new cylinder head (no shaving). By far the most content owner ever. truck was bent sagged, twisted.. and still together, looking like maine of course. That is signs of the champions around here.
    #2. A rather feminine guy... baby blue beetle.
    #3, a gigantic ford ltd (70s) racked over 2.5 times, the end of the crank was bent, harmonic balance shimmied to the engine runtime. Guy was happy with it.
    #4. another ford, black lincoln. this one also over 3 times (300k)..original.

Some time later it occured to me a common fact for all of them. Carbed, no emissions. Not one fuel injected. Not one with crazy gadgets. No anthrax leather interior... and steel telling it like it is...and never quite failing.

it is not just toyota that is not what it used to be. It is everything.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I had 4 toyotas and every one has gone 300k and never stuck a dime into them for anything major. Had a new s-10 and have a new fusion, Junk is the only word I can use for them,I will never buy another american car. My camry has 75k and all its had is tires. fusion went in twice for blower motor and brakes the first 2 months.

Comment

as if they ever were
        222 k on my 94 cavalier

Comment

Kammback has 300,000 on her,
          Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen
            Had a new s-10 and have a new fusion, Junk is the only word I can use for them,I will never buy another american car.
            Are you sure you are on the right forum? This is (or used to be) a forum about about AMERICAN cars. Particularly, hot rods.

Or did I miss something?

I have had a 82 Chevy pickup that had 250,000 miles on it before I got rid of it and a 95 Pontiac Grand Am that I traded with 220,000 miles on it. Both good vehicles. I believe that it has to do with the person who buys a particular car and their expectations and "situation". I have always equated the Corolla (and the like) crowd as being tight with their money and willing to baby a car. Therefore, it is no wonder that a Corolla will last as long as it does with someone tucking it in at night...

Comment

fusion is a mazda

Comment

haven't made s10s in about 8 years

Comment

yet another story that makes me laugh at the unfounded arrogance of toyota; who told me my old tacoma couldn't have a design problem because toyota doesn't make a bad vehicle..... ;D actually, they were right - they make millions of vehicles with design problems. ;)
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Sorry - ALL companies have made good things and bad things.

I work at Ford - and if you have had problems with your Fusion - you need to work them out with your dealer.
                    We didn't get car of the year by accident - and our quality numbers are now ahead of Toyota in many categories.

TGIF boys
                    - I'm not getting heartburn in another us vs. them debate, it's a holiday weekend, one when we celebrate our INDEPENDANCE.

We can buy and drive whatever we like - make sure you thank a soldier this weekend for giving you that right.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

amen and hallelujah, preach it Reverend
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

two weekend ago we dyno'd a kid at MC Racing in Kansas City. His mid-90's toyota supra made 680whp on a stock longblock that showed 170,000 miles on the odometer.

I don't know if their current cars really suck that bad, since I can't afford a new one - but the older ones are pretty awesome if you ask me.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                          two weekend ago we dyno'd a kid at MC Racing in Kansas City. His mid-90's toyota supra made 680whp on a stock longblock that showed 170,000 miles on the odometer.

I don't know if their current cars really suck that bad, since I can't afford a new one - but the older ones are pretty awesome if you ask me.
                          No surprises from that. 2JZ's are crazy reliable and can be insanely powerful ON THE STOCK BLOCK. That is best motor to come out of the land of the rising sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrari812
                            Originally posted by dieselgeek

No surprises from that. 2JZ's are crazy reliable and can be insanely powerful ON THE STOCK BLOCK. That is best motor to come out of the land of the rising sun.
                            The have some bitchin' v8s too - rumors of similar stock guts capabilities. And they made a v12 too...
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

toyota will outspend WJ on valvesprings this year

oh wait - it is the supplier's fault
                              pretty good when 99% of your car is outsourced with outdated [but , proven ] parts

a camry for 150 a month
                              the next bailout victim - toyota

Comment

Working...
                              X