BMX Riders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMX Riders?

The kid is showing an intrest...but he spends more time at the hot dog stand than making laps....
    I asked for a waver and they gave me one....I grabed his bike and his helmet and made a few laps. I made some friends and pushed myself until my legs were sore all day today. I'm going back tomorrow paying my $8 and getting some races.
    The kids were telling me to becareful but I kicked some ass for being a 40+ year old and I'm looking for a "PK Ripper" now....Got my eye on a 2009 retro frame for $160 on ebay....Man I love this shit!
    I guess I was too fast for Sandy to get some action shots...

I need a new helmet too...LOL!
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Re: BMX Riders?

I'm going out there again tomorrow...and Sandy will have a video, She said I'm having a mid life-crisis...I told her to be lucky I don't want a Corvette, I just want a "Pk Ripper" with landing gear forks!
    I might break some bones, get some cuts....Sandy already called my Mom....LOL!!!
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

When I was growing up, the park at the end of my block had an NBL track that was open to the public all day, every day. I raced some, but alot of my free time was spent playing around on the track, finding new and interesting ways to hurt myself on a bike. Man did I have fun. Live it up and enjoy every minute. Just remember 40 doesn't heal nearly as fast as 13.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
        Just remember 40 doesn't heal nearly as fast as 13.

Words of wisdom!!! ;)
        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17
        "Stay thirsty my friends"
        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Redline Pro Line 24" cruiser. Jr. was state champ in novice class at 5 years old. Got out after my compund fracture at a National about 10 years ago. Still do some mtn biking. With 2 plates and 16 screws in my arm the bmx bike hurts irt too much. The mtn bike is easier on the arm. Still love both.

Comment

I'm still racing, in fact I just got out for the first time this year a couple days ago. I had started a thread last year about it, see here: http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=17997.0

Have fun with it, it's a good time. Just remember, you don't bounce back up like the kid's do! Healing takes longer now, so take it easy...

Comment

There was a similar thread some time ago and was surprised a lot of people in the board are ex-BMXers. I use to race and do some flatland tricks. Coinsicednce...I just fixed my 11 year old son's BMX, upgraded the rims and painted it flat black, then attempted to ride it and do some tricks I use to do some 20 something years ago .... almost re-sprained my ankle.

Comment

I used to ride them until I bought a car.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

We did 9 miles this morning. I couldn't believe it, I had to keep waiting up on Jr. He's 14 and weighs a buck ten. We had fun though. Not a scratch still felt good then he said he could out run me on foot an I said it was on. We went outside I we were side by side and I looked over and that's when I fell. Glad it was in the yard or I'd be messed up.LOL

Comment

It's all fun until you try to bend you knee the wrong way. ;)

Have fun and be safe, my knee still isn't 100% after my dirtbike accident.

Comment

have fun and be careful :D
                      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                        I'm going out there again tomorrow...and Sandy will have a video, She said I'm having a mid life-crisis...I told her to be lucky I don't want a Corvette, I just want a "Pk Ripper" with landing gear forks!
                        I might break some bones, get some cuts....Sandy already called my Mom....LOL!!!
                        My Redline cruiser had carbon forks. Smooth and light, but scary watching it flex on landings. :o

Comment

Working...
                        X