Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'68 MUSTANG 289 auto - what's it worth? Guy might want to trade for my van...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '68 MUSTANG 289 auto - what's it worth? Guy might want to trade for my van...

Semi local guy has this to move. Possibly want to trade for my van.

Classified ads, photos, shows, links, forums, and technical information for the Volkswagen automobile

I'm not a early mustang guy, not sure what this one is worth.....

Here's my van.... http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=23084.0

Any input?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Re: '68 MUSTANG 289 auto - what's it worth? Guy might want to trade for my van...

is the mutang drivable and is there anything wrong with the van
    The youngest guy on the board
    76 vega
    86 fiero

Comment

Re: '68 MUSTANG 289 auto - what's it worth? Guy might want to trade for my van...

The mustang starts & runs, needs brake work.

Van just got back from doing 400+ miles a couple of weeks ago, towing a trailer @ #4000. Its not perfect, has typical Ohio rust, good driver otherwise.

Comment

I would say in the condition it is in...it is worth 1800 to 2300 bucks...depending on the rust...The are not cheap. I did a quick look on the net and the cheapes one was a basket case, only slightly worse than the one you show for 1880.00. What are you going to do with it if you get it? if youre not into it, the cash for the van might do you better...just my 2 cents...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I'm thinking the mustang would appeal to a larger market......perhaps even someone on here? ;)

If I were to trade for it, and sold it for the same $2000 I want from the van, I get my money quicker, and someone gets a decent mustang for reasonable $.

That's my thinking anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY
            I'm thinking the mustang would appeal to a larger market......perhaps even someone on here? ;)
            youre probably right, not a big market for full sized vans...maybe fix the mustang up a little, get it road worthy and turn it for a bit of a profit...who knows at that pooint you may like it....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I say go for it. I bet you could work your magic on the Mustang and get more than $2k out of it.
              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

The van looks pretty nice and the Mustang looks like it will need some work to even be drivable. I'm not sure I'd trade the van for it. I wouldn't pay more than $1,800 for the Mustang, by the way, it's a '67 not a '68. '68's had side marker lights unless someone filled them in.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

was 68 a bad year,, wife wants one and it's all 64-67 then 69 up
                  all the 68's have been beat

Comment

Re: '68 MUSTANG 289 auto - what's it worth? Guy might want to trade for my van

Let's see....early classic Mustang....check. VERY desirable Mustang....check. V8 Mustang....check. Most repair panels come with the car...check. Seller wants to unload quickly for a reliable driver...check.

I don't see what you're waiting for.
                    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

If you can do the sheet metal work, you would probably come out money ahead. Those Mustangs are so easy to get parts for and will bring good money if attention is paid to the cosmetics. Even more if the mechanical is solid. I would say to look it over really good and make sure the structures you would have to weld to are solid. Other than structural, you can find anything you want for that car.
                      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

In my area, TRADE! vans have little interest (at least around here) whereas that mustang could be a quick driver / money maker. YMMV

Comment

DAMNED IT MAN - DO IT!

IF I WAS SINGLE I'D BE THERE WITH MY TRAILER TOMORROW.

check in all the obvious places for rust - torque boxes, floors, trunk floor aprons to lower rear quarter, and - up under the dash drivers side look up toward the base of the windshield - have to cut out the vent panel to fix that cowel area - can be done of course - but lots of work.

If it's solid or only a little rusty in these areas - you're looking at a tidy profit margin.

I hate you
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It looks a little less rusty than this one did... The thing about these is the farther you tear into them the more rust you find. It isnt horrible, and I bet it is in better shape underneath than this one was. Mustangs seem motivated and anxious to return to iron deposits.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z278/AuCinaoaMie/Cars%20and%20trucks/Fords/71%20Mustang/?start=all"]It probably isnt as bad as this one, but you never know. Look at this before you decide. [/URL] <--- Click here to see horrors of horrors

Comment

Its only showing 2 hubcaps in the trunk and the horn button is missing, no way! ;D
                              Just kidding, a lot of the 67-68 coupes wind up in the NASA American Iron series, or a Shelby look to them. 67-68 coupes are harder to move , but a guy in Belews Creek NC can make that car a Fastback for a lot of $$$. Quarters,windshield and post are even different. Just a thought, if you really like the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X