Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a 2 out of 3 match race with Larson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in a 2 out of 3 match race with Larson?

Yesterday at the ADRL race in Topeka, I ran into Larry Larson who was crewing for Brad Waddle's XTF team. Brad had a bit of a mishap during his burnout in Round 1 (wheelie bar broke and sliced the inner sidewall of the right slick). During the down time, I chatted with Larry and he asked if he might be afforded the opportunity of running his Nova (yes, the baddest street-driven Nova on the planet) at our Pinks All Out race as an exhibition car at Heartland Park Topeka. I told him Jeremy was the guy to talk to and took him up to the tower to discuss the issue with him.

Jeremy liked the idea of Larry running, but he wanted to jazz it up a bit for the spectators. He asked if Larry knew of anyone with another badass street car for a match race format. Larry scratched his head, and I scratched mine. He said he would check with a few of his friends and see what he could come up with and I told him I would do the same.

Is anyone interested in racing Larry in a best 2 out of 3 match race at Heartland Park Topeka July 16-17? We are interested in finding a low to mid 7-second street legal car for the show. You can reach me at [email protected] or Jeremy at [email protected] to hammer out the details.

Larry would really like to use this as an opportunity to get the freshly rebuilt Moran big block tuned up for Drag Week.

Come out and enjoy the fun with us . I will be on the mic for much of the event.

Ron

edit: better yet, do any of you guys know how to flip Rod Saboury's switch?
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Re: Anyone interested in a 2 out of 3 match race with Larson?

If Kelly from Bluebaugh Racing still has his Nova, I'd like to see those two go at it. Even though who knows what kind of nitrous bomb street car Kelly's driving around today, but back in the day that Nova was one of the baddest in town.

Comment

Ron,is there going to be a Quick8 race during the PinksAllout event? Is there going to be a mandatory drive around Lake Perry for Larry and his competition? ;D I do know of a Purple Nova that would be interested and I know he would do the drive.
      457Brodix where are you.Come on Phil Cooper you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1

Now that'd be COOL!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

no trailers ? fly that turbo bbc vauxhaul guy over from the UK ...team puerto rico used to englishtown shipping container regulars

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
            no trailers ? fly that turbo bbc vauxhaul guy over from the UK ...team puerto rico used to englishtown shipping container regulars
            That would be neat.To bad it wont be done for awhile.

Comment

I'll run him with teh car in my sig if he pulls a trailer with my truck on it. That should slow him into the mid to high nines!

Comment

I .ll run him with the TA, of course since it will only run a 15 this will have to be the format.Sort of like the basket ball exercise races.He has to go down to the finish line and back and back to the finish line. ....Finish line.....was the first race in Finland. :D

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
                  I do know of a Purple Nova that would be interested and I know he would do the drive.
                  Larry did call tonight and asked me about it but I'm going to have to respectfully decline the offer, for one thing I told him I didn't have anything for that Bad Ass street Monster he created and he said that was OK, he could de-tune his Nova so it wouldn't look too bad. The second reason is the Purple II car isn't a one man operation and my Ex-Crew Chief threw a tantrum and bailed on me! I'd love to see Rod Saboury and Larry line them up side by side and find out who "actually" has the World's fastest street car, we already know Larry is up to the task!

Comment

Sorry to hear you wont be able to make it but understand.You were the first person who came to my mind.Wonder how fast Carl Scotts sand rail is? ;D

Comment

TTT. Surely someone knows of a 7 second street car that would come here.Think of the exposure.Think of Rich crapping his pants when told these are STREET driven cars. ;D ;D Last time here was when he was outperformed by the bike ;D Going to be quite a few DragWeekers there either racing or helping others.Rumour has it that "The Legend" will be there helping out with a couple of Dusters(Go SpongeBob) ;D Feel free to call him that Ron ;D.Vickie will be there with a bat that has Jeffs name on it :o.Doc I heard may be there as well.The only reason Im even going is to hang with fellow DragWeekers.Come one come all.

Comment

Anyone know how to get in touch with the Murdered out Nova that broke on the first day of Dragweek last year? That would be a neat pair up.

This guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu7zA...eature=related

Comment

Good idea and hes not to far away.OK City I think.Maybe Kyle from 1320video knows how to contact him.Got to give him credit.Broke at the first part of the week but was bitten by the DW bug.

Comment

What about Eric Yost? He had that white Firebird at Top Speed Challenge @242mph as well as Drag Week '09, @7.6??. I'm sure he's gearing up for this year's DW.
                            Living the dream!

Comment

Okay... WHO was the Dude with the Primered Black 57 on Drag week last year??????

( Hate that for ya Phil... ... )

Comment

Working...
                              X