Sad day at the March Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad day at the March Meet

My condolances to the Shoemaker family. The first pair of cars in Saturdays qualifying pass saw John Shoemaker's car go off the top end of the track at well over 200 mph with no chutes or signs of lifting. After some saws photos of the run John appears to have been slumped over at the 1000 foot mark but this is speculation. Any time we loose a racer it is sad especially one like Mr. Shoemaker god speed sir

Re: Sad day at the March Meet

Just an additional note there is nothing scarier than hearing a fuel car wide over for over 3000 feet it was an eerie feeling never hearing the motor lift until the blower came off :'(

Comment

Condolances to all the family and friends. God speed.....
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I saw this last nite on the HAMB. Sad to hear.

Prayers go out to his family & friends.

God Speed John....
        There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

R.I.P.

here is a link
          http://www.nhra.com/content/news/27272.htm
          Living the dream!

Comment

I saw this live and I have also seen pictures taken from the overhead crane all the way down the track. His head was back and his eyes were closed for most of the run. There are two main thoughts: 1) A heart attack right at the hit, or 2) Severe tire shake at the hit knocked him out. Either way, he was unconscious for most of the run and the car stuck stragiht in the groove. A horrible event, but I don't think he felt the actual crash.

RIP and condolences to the family. It is a very tragic footnote to an other wise spectacular event.

Comment

Working...
            X