X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 5 years of quality service

My phone finally died
    Samsung SGH-D357
    I ran this phone over with the F150 (on wet grass, but still)
    Multiple angry slams against the ground
    Accidentally dropped it 4 floors onto concrete when pulling my keys out of my pocket at Liberty (2 buttons I never used popped out)
    Been sprayed with water multiple times

Are there any new phones on the market this tough? Maybe with a louder speaker and longer battery life?
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: After 5 years of quality service

There's a model from Samsung that was designed for contractors and construction workers. It's tough as nails, but I don't remember the model number. Comes in a safety yellow color. I'll try to find it somewhere and post the info.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Thanks

I don't need a phone with all these special features, I don't even need a camera, I want a phone that makes calls, and is tough

M brother got an iPhone 4G, it broke already, dropped it from about his knee and shattered the screen, I had a Sony Ericson, dropped it from about 18" onto CARPET and it broke the screen, TWICE
      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

That one IS tough. Got one for my mom because she keeps dropping the phone thanks to her arthritis. Not a single problem out of it in over a year and a half and the thing is constantly getting dropped from waist level or higher. You may not need all the features, but then don't use them. The camera comes in handy sometimes, but that's about all I use on my phones.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
          Thanks

I don't need a phone with all these special features, I don't even need a camera, I want a phone that makes calls, and is tough

M brother got an iPhone 4G, it broke already, dropped it from about his knee and shattered the screen, I had a Sony Ericson, dropped it from about 18" onto CARPET and it broke the screen, TWICE
          the motorola Razor was a good phone, I had mine 2 years and it fell out of my tuck more times that I can count, fell off the hood of the truck when I forgot it was there and pulled out...my son played with it all the time...took a real beating...I havee another motorola that I had for 3 years and my son uses it now...it has taken some major abuse....it is the Motorola V750

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Tossed my Motorola Droid across the floor at Lone Star and it came away unharmed, but then I do have the nice military looking protective case for it. ;)

Comment

most motorola's are good,, just not the el cheapo one..
              i retired mine when I got the blackberry.. still works.. fine dropped it tons..
              it's now my alarm clock..

Comment

Here is my last iphone-

I lost it at home @ 4:00 am one morning just before I left for work. I went back to look were I was parked, but instead of parking it and looking for I was using my headlights to drive slowly and looked around. I stopped and went inside and grabbed the home phone and called it. It rang from underneath, and I thought wow how lucky I didn't run it over. But not so lucky, I did run it over. This is the result of a Semi truck running over an iphone. It still worked, but I could not answer it or make calls cause the screen was broken.

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
                  It still worked, but I could not answer it or make calls cause the screen was broken.
                  Doesn't that mean it didn't work? :D
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    It still worked, but I could not answer it or make calls cause the screen was broken.

TILT TILT TILT

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
                      Are there any new phones on the market this tough? Maybe with a louder speaker and longer battery life?
                      I can tell you that a new LG nv3 can take a lengthy trip through the air, land in the dirt to bounce and tumble to a sliding stop, and still work just a sh*tty as it did before.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        Only when you tried to use it I guess. Otherwise it was fine.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

I had a phone in my pocket while getting a little to close to a couple running 44amp mags. I don't know the physics involved but it fried it.
                          If I were him seeing as you were so hard on the last one and it managed to have a decent life, I'd stick with the same one.
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I break lots of phones :-\ I always get ones made on monday or friday :P
                            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Phones are a total crapshoot - some will take a beating and last, the same model might take only a fraction of the beating and die....

WIfe had a Nokia flip phone - she drove over it with an S10 Blazer on Ashpalt - no damage other than scratches (bad)
                              I had almost the identical phone, my dog stepped on it and the screen broke.....

Brother in law has an Iphone, leaves it IN his hot tube for an hour, lets it dry out and it still works great.
                              Wife has an Iphone, gets it wet for 10 seconds & it is a $600 paperweight.....

Also - the Iphone with the broken screen - screen can be replaced real cheap (like $40 bucks around here). Provided the rest of the phone still works....

Comment

Working...
                              X