Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: After 5 years of quality service

Originally posted by chevy3100

Also - the Iphone with the broken screen - screen can be replaced real cheap (like $40 bucks around here). Provided the rest of the phone still works....
    Unless you happen to have an ipone 4, in that case
    $200!!!!!!
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

give it a few more weeks, then the "grey market" ones will show up and probably be in the $40-50 price range. Right now you probably have to get an actual Apple screen

Comment

I've beaten the crap out of my Blackberries, tough pieces. The toughest phone I had was an old no-name Sprint phone that got a roofing frame dropped on it while tearing down a semi permenant shelter. Cracked the screen and kept ticking for another 3yrs before I lost it.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Just got a new Samsung 8GH-xxxx. Has a loud speaker and is encased in rubber. Very rugged with no frills. Does have a camera. I work in a cleanroom (Building inside a building) and I get great reception. I also don't give a crap about the frills, but it has to be durable and get good reception.

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
            Here is my last iphone-

I lost it at home @ 4:00 am one morning just before I left for work. I went back to look were I was parked, but instead of parking it and looking for I was using my headlights to drive slowly and looked around. I stopped and went inside and grabbed the home phone and called it. It rang from underneath, and I thought wow how lucky I didn't run it over. But not so lucky, I did run it over. This is the result of a Semi truck running over an iphone. It still worked, but I could not answer it or make calls cause the screen was broken.
            ohhh I know that look - it's why my Droid Incredible is on its way to NY to get a new screen. Amazingly, the phone still worked but it'd cut the heck out of your hand (despite my excellent repair with boxing tape).... my backup phone (old phone) is a blackberry - and I've heaped the abuse on it and it keeps coming back for more.... as for getting a phone without a camera - those are tough to find - my nephew is in the Navy and can't have a camera on his phone, he had a terrible time finding one (which he promptly dropped in the bilge - but that's a story for another day).
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've killed so many phones that I was sent a letter from the cell insurance agency saying I was a bad risk and summarily dropped from coverage.

Anyone who has an Iphone and doesn't get the rubber booty, galosh thingy for it is an idiot waiting to buy a new one.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X