Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Syclone/Typhoon

And here is a twin turbo LSX Typhoon
    4200lb all wheel drive Typhoon with full interior and A/C!!! 10 psi and on pump gas.

Comment

That MF'r is awesome!!!

Comment

:o damn.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

That freakin rocks ;).Wonder how much diffrence there are between a Syclone-Blazer frame -underpinnings?.Could be cheap and fast using a Blazer with a Turboed LSX.

Comment

AFAIK, minus engine, it should be identical to an Olds Bravada. I remember quite a few vehicles from the old "Chevy's Toy Box" days sporting 502's backed with modified Bravada AWD drivetrains, like the Coolside pickup.

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

the denali escalade awd t case is beefier and the clutch works better

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                Originally posted by boxer3main
                those are keepers in the facts of gm making it, like the weirdo GN.
                fancy stickers, 1200 pound body, slipping tranny, and a lopsided v6 is not my cup of tea.

some like unusual hopeless unbalanced underdogs force fed into even further lunacy.
                The 4.3, aside from viper v10 is the worlds worst engines into this century.

There are locations for this...cars must be lasting forever there. Boredom sets in, along comes the idiot to liven it up like a circus defying odds...too hot out.. lets just add or subtract cylinders from a v8 block and pretend it is spectacular.
                Hardly entertaining. There is a real challenge in tougher places going even faster for alot longer...all... year...round....
                Your dealer work on commission? It's a beancounter's idea: Take the existing V8 and tool it down to save parts. Engineering a brand-new V6 in what usually is mass-produced shoeboxes makes no sense. I'll be the first to admit that using the GN's 3.8 would make a ton more sense, but it didn't happen. '91-'93, you were lucky ANYONE was making anything this fast and selling it.

And let's remember, your "cup of tea" is the generation of Subaru that even hardcore Subaru guys avoid like the plague.

[/rant]
                Actually they did make them in prototypes with the Buick Turbo6 but the 4.3 was the production motor since the transmission bellhousing is different and there isn't an AWD BOP pattern transmission/t-case combo.

The Sy/Ty is bit of an oddity even for a 4.3L, it's the only one till recently to come with a true MPFI intake vs the stupid central mounted setup with poppet valves. It was speed density vs the normal MAF system. Otherwise I don't know of the engine having any "special" parts to hold it together like the Turbo6's rolled fillet crank.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

there was the sonoma gt with the same intake - no turbo

Comment

i like this video

take that overly hyped japanese sports cars lol

Comment

Those things came out when I was in my mid-late teens(16-17 for the Syclone).....they're just as badass now as they were back then.

Seems like I remember a write-up on one in HR at the time(Jeff Smith?).....bemoaned the fact that hauling capacity was diminished, but the damned thing would give a Corvette fits all day long.

The SyTy twins and the GN/GNX were some of the shining moments of that time for GM.

Just for shits'n'giggles, imagine a last-year Fiero GT(what was that...1988? Shit, I forget) with either the hairdryer-ed 3.8 OR the snailcased 4.3? Katie, bar the door.....LMAO

Comment

that would be a hoot. there are a few turbo 3800 Series II in fieros and they are pretty quick

Comment

Working...
                        X