Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Too Hot Outside....

hit 91 bangor maine yesterday.
    this morning, I jump up at 430, head towards the coast.

goose pimples in dense freezing fog...like 40s and 50s. Cold.
    enough to crack a frame, the contrast...that is why I go there, as if a masocist welder testing the work. ;D

out back into the sun and land of tarmac ten degrees hotter than the thermometer, I warped a master cylinder into hopeless.. no rebuild.
    Have I got some stories for you all in your land of consistency. There is even air mimicking 20k foot tall mountains sometimes.

I like the contrast. Remembering january and a silent -20F to a day hitting 91 is startling.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Friggin' hot... worried that somebody at the shop is gonna drop over from not enough fluids.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

My life is Right.... Warm with a tick of humidity.... actually today was Freaking downright decent.... fairly low humidity with high temps...

Air in my shop is disco bitchen thanks to Mike Farr and Stinett Heat and air....

K

Comment

Tell Mike Farr to bring some of that shit up here.

Misery!

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

My deepest sympathies to all'ya'll....really. ;D

It's hitting 89* up here, supposed to be in the 90's the rest of the week, and I LOVE IT! I can't get to AZ fast enough, either. Heat and sun...I melt the fat away, tan nicely, work any amount of hours needed, and all I require is water and my own dress code (sorry, but whatever high-ranking jackass decided I needed to wear long sleeves in 120+ degree weather can kiss my ass).
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

It need not get over 60, I would be fine with that.

Comment

It's in the mid-nineties down here, but I'm okay with it now. Two weeks ago, it was also in the mid nineties... but I was on the first story roof painting the second story. Now that was hot! Wanna know how hot? Walking on the incline in my cheap running shoes (what I wear to work due to foot sweat issues) actually melted the rubber sole away from the foam part. It's now an inch off the side of my shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                  I can remember a few test trips when I worked at Honda - Death Valley in the summer - 110 in the shade.

That's the only time I can remember the sun actually hurting my skin - the tops of my ears were toast after just an hour or so outside without a hat.

It's like being too close to an oxy cutting torch - but you can't get away from it.

Someday I'd like to live in an area where the temps only vary from maybe 45F to 85F.... maybe NC by Dan? ;D
                  Not eastern North Carolina. I think it was in the mid to upper 90's in Dan's neck of the woods. I'm two hours inland from Dan and we hit 101 today.

Comment

It's raining here in the mid-west today and it cooled down a lot, so you guys out east sould get this soon. The grass must have really needed it because it's greener already.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

92 right now in western Pa, I'm really not used to this. Supposed to rain tomorrow when a cold front hits us, then some relief.
                      Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                        I can remember a few test trips when I worked at Honda - Death Valley in the summer - 110 in the shade.

That's the only time I can remember the sun actually hurting my skin - the tops of my ears were toast after just an hour or so outside without a hat.

It's like being too close to an oxy cutting torch - but you can't get away from it.

Someday I'd like to live in an area where the temps only vary from maybe 45F to 85F.... maybe NC by Dan? ;D
                        hottest I've ever survived is 130 in the shade at (appropriately named) Furnace Creek California - Death Valley. My grandfather lived in Tecopa Hot Springs (which were, incidently, cooler the the ambient air temperature at 108 degrees).... In the week we stayed there, I left the camper (which had AC) once per day to say "hi" but only at night.... when it cooled off to 80 or so.... grandfather didn't believe in AC...

it's 93 now in Redmond (my office location near seattle)... and I'm getting migraines.... so no, don't like the heat at all ... at least it isn't humid like the south
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've done a documented 147*F on the flightline at Doha, KW and easy 140's at Balad, IQ, Mosul, IQ and Abu Shayyaf Port, KW. Misery, defined in Kuwait. But, provided with enough water, my body reacts favorably to the heat and I can cope with being hot much better than being cold.

93*? Really? .....hmm....yeah, screw homework. (grabs keys)
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

It's 85 as of right now in NorthEast PA.

I got a tan going on and it's darker on the left side of my body then my right.

Great.
                            "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

I'd be very happy with 85 right now.
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

...and the wagon's AC is blown > ......leading to excess sweating

Comment

Working...
                                X