Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

driving like a A-hole when was the last time, High school or today?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: driving like a A-hole when was the last time, High school or today?????

I've always maintained my responsible driving habits. I hate it when people intentionally do risky or dangerous things on the road but I don't think this is exactly what we're talking about. I will admit to doing some "test runs" or "performance evaluations" on deserted roads.

My present ride is an '02 Crown Vic which is an ex-police car. When you pull up behind someone on the highway brake lights suddenly come on for no reason and people start driving below the speed limit. I have no idea why :

My rear tires are especially bald so if I get a little jumpy on the go-pedal it'll chirp the tires on the pavement or worse yet, break the rear loose in the rain. I think the funniest thing that has happened recently was when I merged into the right lane lane next to a bunch of people making left turns. I gave the car a little gas to go around the cars but the ground was still wet from earlier rainfall. So I ended up going through an intersection and down one of the busiest streets in downtown Montreal, sideways, in a police car. People literally stopped, stared and either gave me a shocked or WTF look. lmao ;D

If anything, this car has made it harder to drive like an a-hole. :D

Comment

I never drive like an a-hole. It's always the other guy (especially when I'm in a hurry). ;D

J/K
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Funny I had to run across this thread now. Was just out on a leisurely drive in the 79 Ford 2wd a little while ago with my girlfriend getting lost which turned into a little bit of drifting on some deserted dirt roads. Man, haven't done that in a very long time. Good think I didn't have a truck this powerful in high school...
        Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Is this like AA for gear heads?
          My name is Mike and I have a problem :D
          My addiction is that I slide a car a bit sideways or go triple digits nearly every day. :-\
          In our big parking lot at work the exit road has a great little switch-back section. Front drive SRT-4 - I'm usually alone so I nail the corner hard, at the apex I get out of the throttle, back of the car comes around about 2 feet. Hit the gas to bring everything in line. Like clockwork - I do this nearly every day.
          Take back roads home on occasion, a couple nice long sections with no driveways or cross traffic, make sure the car still hits 100 effortlessly.
          Round-a-bouts are fun too.
          In the winter it's an entirely over the top slide-fest, In the 'ol Durango I can usually go sideways all the way on this great sweeping corner in our subdivision. I do this both with 4x4 on and off just to experiment.
          My wife's Audi A4 quatro is awesome in the snow with traction control off......
          I'm not saying any more.... not that there's more.... cuz there isn't... but if there was I'm not going to tell....
          ;D

Comment

I am usually a slow, careful driver but there have been plenty of times...

I was 20 in '80 w/ the first Vega I dropped a 215 V8 into. Decent-looking ('74 orange/black GT) but too loud. With a freind along I passed the 7-11 we meant to go into, this was around 11pm and the roads were clear so I just cranked it over and hit the throttle to do a 180, then stayed in it until I got close to the driveway. After I'd pulled into a parking space I looked in my rear-view mirror and there was a cop car sitting directly behind me. That fast. She (the officer) had been hiding behind a gas station across the street. What a sweetheart...with a smile she just handed me a ticket for equipment violations.

With the same passenger (who was the type who was really full of himself, and not a car guy) I once hit a patch of water on a rainy freeway and said "Watch This!"...and cranked the steering wheel all the way over. With fat rubber that car would hydroplane like a boat in puddles. Then I got the wheel back straight before we hit solid road again. The dude absolutely freaked. Ah, precious memories. Yeah, I'm an ass.

Comment

:D
              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
              X