what would you do to this...or...how creative are you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do to this...or...how creative are you

Man, I ran accross this gem recently and can not stop looking at it..the price aint bad, it looks uber clean and I suspect it could be a pretty darn cool cruiser....I have some ideas of what I would do...but I am more curious...what would you do...love it or hate it?

I have a Very Nice 1972 Oldsmobile Toronado FOR SALE. It is almost finished. MINOR PROJECT CAR. Wife has had to many Doctor Bills and I have ran out of Cash to Finish this Car. Need To Purchase Handicap Van for My Wife. FIRM PRICE IS $5000.00 CASH. Possible Trade Plus Your Cash, for Older Classic Car/Truck (1950s-60s) NO EVEN UP TRADES.
    New Parts are
    Exhaust
    Shocks
    Battery
    Tires
    Thermostat and Housing
    Manual Temp Gauge
    Radio/Speakers
    AC Compressor Replaced/ Needs Charged
    AC Limit Switch
    Fuel and Air Filters
    NEEDS TO BE FINISHED
    Fix Pressure Leak in Radiator
    Power Window Motor Drivers side Front
    Windshield wiper Motor and Pump
    Trunk Weather Seal
    Bleed Rear Brakes/ I Replaced Mashed Line

Car Runs Great. Have Original Purchase receipt, and Owners Manual/ Window Sticker, plus a lot of Old receipts of service done to this car. This is an Arizona RUST FREE CAR with Clear Title in Hand. MAKE A GREAT CRUISER More Pictures available if you ask. NO LOW BALLERS PLEASE.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: what would you do to this...or...how creative are you

I'd just drive it.. maybe efi it.. other than a fleetwood you don't get a better ride for long trips

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
      I'd just drive it.. maybe efi it.. other than a fleetwood you don't get a better ride for long trips
      I agree, I was thinking EFI, and some wheels...the hub caps and whites don't do it for me...maybe a nice spoke or something I duuno.....detail the engine and drive the wee out of it....but I know there are some more adventurous guys/gals out there that would molest the hell out of this thing.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

THERE IS A 67(I THINK IT'S A 67 MAYBE 68) with the hidden headlights..
        I'd love to get that car.. or the boattail rev.. or 58 caddy thats in hanover.. oh to hit the lotto

Comment

I agree .... just drive it. Wheels, tires and whatever else as time and $$$ allow.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

finish it and drive it

with a few things to keep me satisfied, wider tires, 8-Track, CB Radio

OK, I'm set now
            Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Yeah, thats the "safe" thing to do..but I was also looking at it thinking this thing would be killer in deep gloss black, with some 20" torque thrusts and laying frame on bags....

Comment

Looks like target practice to me. ;)

Sorry Joe, that thing is just plain ugly......

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                  Yeah, thats the "safe" thing to do..but I was also looking at it thinking this thing would be killer in deep gloss black, with some 20" torque thrusts and laying frame on bags....
                  IDK about all "that"!!!
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                    I don't like slammed and with big wheels, even if they are Torq Thrusts, but deep black would look great on that
                    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

that body doesn't do well in gloss black..
                      for some reason it just doesn't look right..
                      no idea why..

Comment

How close is this thing chassis wise to an Eldo?
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          How close is this thing chassis wise to an Eldo?
                          should be twins

Comment

That chassis isnt easy to find wheels for..they have a strange offset..

Comment

Hey.......didn't Huggy Bear on Starsky & Hutch
                              drive one of these?
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                              X