What would you do with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you do with this?

I like the AWD Ralley car idea. The only thing I'd change is using period parts instead of a Ranger or S-10. There were Ferguson AWD setups back in the 60's I think but that would a way way expensive to try to find or duplicate!
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
      I like the AWD Ralley car idea. The only thing I'd change is using period parts instead of a Ranger or S-10. There were Ferguson AWD setups back in the 60's I think but that would a way way expensive to try to find or duplicate!
      The problem with using a truck frame,is the height of the engine-front suspension..then,a sixties Fairlane front end,is probably as high as a S10 Syclone..wheelbase on a 94-05 S10 are 117.9 inches for the regular cab/long bed..such a frame should probably be close to free in the US nowadays..

I got so excited about this plans today,that i had to pick up a frame too..ive had plans for cheap 65 Biscayne for some weeks and monts now...so today i picked up a 76 Chevelle wagon frame...now i need to convince the owner of the Bisc to part with it..

Comment

If I wanted to go AWD the way to go would be an Astro van, but I would do that with a GM vehicle, and it would be Pontiac or Olds powered instead of sbc.

The Van looks decent, how bad is it on gas? I was thinking either a Subruban or a van for those trips since I could take all my stuff along and the kids can ride comfortably and not be cramped like they are in the Formula. We had an older van like that, it had a 460 in it, I wonder if dad still has it or if it got scrapped. I think the 460 would be fun with Kaase Boss Nine heads stuffed in either this Fairlane or the 71 Mustang I have under construction.

Comment

Working...
        X