X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the potential of this thing

I really want to buy this...........I will call the guy soon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...item2c55c1d49a

Is it just me or is this an AMAZING deal!

Re: Opinions on the potential of this thing

Given the condition of the body, I don't think it's an amazing deal... but it is a very good deal. Buy It Now!
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

the 1 winter of rust is nothing, I drove that style chassis through everything, until door skins were flapping and a tail frame cracking.

the swap to 134a simply needs a quick new set of rubbers, and a pro install by vacuum and clean, then charge.. and they can test for crazy secondary phenomonas.

I despise that engine, considering an n/a 350 swapped in the back yard blows its doors off...
      and my personal daily is 12/86 on the stamp, never garaged, no years off, only halfway through its 300k life with ten gears and awd.... maybe get $1500 even welded to the point of truck.

if you can assure yourself of someone playing the gm game, it is something to hide in a garage...always a fan club... 104k on even the n/a 3.8liter local was a miracle.(they did not last long).
      the car is a disappointment. like the v8 mustang 2 and many others... just keep it for weirdo factory build.

to me the price is inasne.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main

to me the price is inasne.
        To you, perhaps... take a lookie at this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick...mZ160455085100

or better yet, this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick...mZ180529939850
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Stopped at a yard sale the other day where there was a monte carlo ss for sale. Interior looked good, body looked good, no rust, no dings, doors weren't sagging... but the paint was faded and it was missing a few trim pieces... and it had a broken windshield. Not a great car, but a nice clean starter. The guy was asking $6500. Too much, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu
            Stopped at a yard sale the other day where there was a monte carlo ss for sale. Interior looked good, body looked good, no rust, no dings, doors weren't sagging... but the paint was faded and it was missing a few trim pieces... and it had a broken windshield. Not a great car, but a nice clean starter. The guy was asking $6500. Too much, imo.
            Agreed. The GN is a whole 'nother animal.

Comment

Speaking with a bit of experience here,the doors are not easy to get in nice shape and that is going to need one. Tell the guy you want pics of the frame behind the rear wheels (it rots there,bad) trunk lid rots too and the inside of the trunk can get funky. Make sure its not full of oil leaks too. On a good note the 86 is kinda hard to get they didnt make too many. If the rot is fixable its a nice project and a hell of a fun car.

Comment

Something doesn't feel right. That's too good, something is wrong. The question is, how bad?
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                  Something doesn't feel right. That's too good, something is wrong. The question is, how bad?
                  That is what I am thinking........maybe more rust than is shown/explained.......

Comment

frame rott

Comment

the rear frame rails are going to tell the story...I am going to bet they are garbage...they did not last long in a rust environment.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Truly great cars in their day...

5 digit odometer seems like the General didn't expect them to live long though.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                          Truly great cars in their day...

5 digit odometer seems like the General didn't expect them to live long though.
                          My odometer says 300 miles right now
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

great cars for arizona
                            still see more g bodies creaking along - a tough customer

Comment

GM was doing pretty well in the '80's. I've liked every G-body I've had my hands on (I really miss my old '87 SS), and the A and B-bodies were pretty good too.
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                              X