Ideas on this project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas on this project

So I have noticed a 65 Galaxie for some time in a salvage yard, drove by this thing for almost 2 years. I stop in to check it out and go take a look.
    65 Galaxie ,it is an actual 352( engine is suppose to run) , badge on the fenders, factory 4 bbl intake and carb(he called it a cracker box) ,auto trans
    car is complete , with usual rust and 1 really bad spot on the quarter.

My intention is not a resto but I want to turn it into a caged stock car stripped down, steelies , so nothing has to be correct, but I would probably license this thing anyway.

He is asking $500 , whats your thoughts?

Basically this is what I want ,just follow the link
    http://www.genefeltonrestorations.co...nmoody_28.html

Re: Ideas on this project

sounds good to me!!
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

do it....I am always supposrtive of things like this when it is others spending their money....i think it would be a bad ass project.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Had a 65 Galaxie for a while back in the 80s, traded it for a 4V Cleveland and the severely rusted 71 Cougar it was in. Man what a fun car that was, even with the 289. If I had that car now I would built it into a clone like you are thinking, full on cup looking car for the street. Basset wheels and big honkin tires all around, but not slicks, side exit exhaust, maybe numbers, maybe not but definitely the stock car vibe.

I say do it, they are easy to work on and if you paint it white with stripes or something you can hide lots of not so great body work. It would look like a car that had been through a couple races that way..

Comment

For $500 bucks, you have to buy it. I'd do the same thing with it also.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Can't make it any worse than where it's already at. Go for it.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

sounds like a neat way to save an old car
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

This project will be going forward

Comment

hows this gonna affect the d100

Comment

I have a deal worked out with my son Andrew(toquick4u05) ,its almost ready for paint and after a few more items he will take over as its daily keeper . It will reside in Charleston SC. So it will remain in the family. Andy is 25 and knows the truck as well as I do, its not his first go-around with this truck.
                    I am looking forward to the new project .

Comment

Working...
                    X