Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Expendables

Originally posted by White Monster
    There are just some movies that are way better on the big screen.
    For instance Avatar in 3-D was simply breathtaking !!
    ;)

Absolutely. I saw Tom Cruise's War of The Worlds in the theater... the big screen and the sounds make that movie way better. I've watched it on my little 42" at home (in stereo, with a subwoofer) and it just doesn't compare.

I think I'll wait a week to see The Expendables, then catch a Sunday matinee.

Comment

its starts today it starts today it starts today its starts today it starts today it starts today its starts today it starts today it starts today its starts today it starts today it starts today!!!!

I am going this weekend...I cant go today...too much $h!t to do...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I just saw it. It was INCREDIBLE! There is a menacing, flat-black 1955 F100 in it that sounds insane during a chase scene. There is also a Ducati Desmosedici RR (if you are into bikes) that sounds equally cool. It was the best movie I have seen this year. I do not want to spoil any more of the movie. Here is some info about the F100:

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/n...les/index.html

http://www.lmctruck.com/the-expendables.htm

Comment

Got tix for the 9:45 showing tonight, and a hot date lined up. ;)
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Headed there tonight with best friend. I have high hopes, after reading this... ;D
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

So we still don't have a film report from someone who has actually seen it yet ?

Comment

There's no plot.

But there is intense ass kicking and lots of explosions and very loud guns. Truthfully, there was so much action and so little thought provocation that by the end I was bored with it.

The best part was Stallone's character's truck. It was righteous, except for when the Nissan xTerra passed it. That was a bunch of crap.

Funniest line: "What's his problem?" "He wants to be President." (referring to Shwarzenegger's character)
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

arnie is qualified for judging the nathan's weenie eating contest

Comment

That movie is FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!
                    I just saw it at the Drive In, FRIGGIN LOVE IT!!!
                    I LOOOOOVE the truck too, sounded even cooler coming through my speakers
                    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Loved it. No plot, didn't care. Truck sounds bad, but Terry Crewes' fully-auto shotgun worked well too.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I thought it was great, Friend thought it was horrible. Nobody liked Randy Couture's acting.

Comment

Working...
                        X