No announcement yet.

7/14/10 update (now 08/04/10 updated) on 1:18 Altered Wheelbase '65 Plymouths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/14/10 update (now 08/04/10 updated) on 1:18 Altered Wheelbase '65 Plymouths

I apologize right off the bat for not typing all this and posting the many photo's right here on this site. It's just that it took me so long to do - I have to go with a link. This link goes to a die cast site you may enjoy, and you don't have to join to read/see all of it. If you like mid 60's drag cars, or LIKE 1:18 die cast ALL , please enjoy and click on...

http://www.diecast-pub.com/forums2/i...howtopic=47750

Jim T
    Supercar Collectibles
    www.Supercar1.com

Re: 7/14/10 update on 1:18 Altered Wheelbase '65 Plymouths

SWEET!!!!!!!

Comment

Super car collectibles is the bomb!!!! Cant beat the quality and the service,best diecast's I've ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen
        Super car collectibles is the bomb!!!! Cant beat the quality and the service,best diecast's I've ever owned.
        Kelly, didn't know you posted here. You should get the new 1:18 Billy the Kid Pro Stock Challenger via UPS today. Thanks for the plug, and the biz. Jim
        Jim T
        Supercar Collectibles
        www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Hey Jim,

Chad and I shot a fearture on an old Modified Production Camaro at Bowling Green. The owners are interested in trying to do something in die-cast with it.

This car is cooler than hell. The feature will run in a few days, but can I get you their info so you can talk through it?

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Hey Jim,

Chad and I shot a fearture on an old Modified Production Camaro at Bowling Green. The owners are interested in trying to do something in die-cast with it.

This car is cooler than hell. The feature will run in a few days, but can I get you their info so you can talk through it?

Brian
            Brian

Always open to helping where we can. If we steer them in the right direction, help a manufacturer do it, or a limited for ourself, anything is possible if we try. Get me the info...

Jim
            Jim T
            Supercar Collectibles
            www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimsc52
              Originally posted by kelly andersen
              Kelly, didn't know you posted here. You should get the new 1:18 Billy the Kid Pro Stock Challenger via UPS today. Thanks for the plug, and the biz. Jim
              Thanks' got it yesterday,well worth the wait.keep them coming.

Comment

Re: 7/14/10 update (now 7/20/10 updated) on 1:18 Altered Wheelbase '65 Plymouths

CECIL YOTHER WAS HERE! I'll start with a photo of Cecil with Scott looking at the 1:18 version of his altered wheelbase Plymouth. He's quite a guy... and really liked the 1:18 die cast of his old racer. [/size]

This was actually really great timing, as Scott was in the process of making comments to the factory tomorrow (7/21/10) of the "just before production" sample 1:18 car we just received. Cecil was very helpful in pointing out a few items we didn't know about, so these cars will end up extremly close to what the real car looked like. Most questions were answered right away, but it's been 45 years since he first drove this beast, so a little head scratching was needed on a couple of Scott's inquiries. It was also determined that he did run with headlight covers on this car, and we're glad because Scott had these added for the final sample.

Cecil also shared some of his early days... like in his "middle twenties" driving a '64 GTO B/Stock to 30 wins - of 31 events entered. He was running 12.50's with it, and in fact that was the fastest he ran until steping in to the AWB car. On his first day with that (this '65) running 10.50's! He was also fairly proud of getting his car down to just 2500 lbs (said LOT's of work) and also said it was the lightest of the '65 AWB cars. Cecil later raced an AMC dealer area backed Javelin for a summer, and a '70 Cuda Pro Stock he did well with in regional competition. He raced full time a total of 4 years, all while in his 20's. Had to have been fun!

We then went to dinner for some lighter conversation, and he was on his way. Quite a guy, and it was a real pleasure to meet him.
                Jim T
                Supercar Collectibles
                www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Re: 7/14/10 update (now 08/02/10 updated) on 1:18 Altered Wheelbase '65 Plymouths

These AWB cars have now been made, and are on the water (coming to USA). I'm a happy camper!

We added the headlamp covers to the Melrose Missle so it's even more correct now...

Also had the "fake" vent window on just the Sox & Martin car, so it's even more correct now too.

We're trying to get them just right, and by god think we've done it. Those that have pre-ordered/reserved we thank you - as they are about 70% spoken for already. Hope to get them later this month (August).
                  Jim T
                  Supercar Collectibles
                  www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Re: 7/14/10 update (now 08/04/10 updated) on 1:18 Altered Wheelbase '65 Plymouths

We received 1 each of these for now, so took them to a local (MN) show this weekend. Hope to have a few cases sent "air" so we can have some availoable at the Mopar Nationals August 13-15 in Columbus, OH. We'll be in swap spaces K25-26 but only on Fri-Sat (not Sun). Here's a photo of me in the booth this weekend with the 5 AWB production samples. Note below them we also have Billy the Kid, Red Light Bandit, and Sox & Martin '70 Pro stock cars. It's kind of satisfying once a project like this is finally coming to completion - and these AWB's in the hands of the collectors....

Jim T
                    Supercar Collectibles
                    www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Working...
                    X