Caption This! 7/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caption This! 7/14

Turning to local news now, an Arkansas police officer is recovering from injuries he sustained when his police cruiser was suddenly broadsided by an oak tree. Police say speed was a factor and that the oak tree was not wearing a seat belt. The accident is still under investigation.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

How fast was he going??

He must have been traveling at a high rate of speed, a REALLY high rate of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
        How fast was he going??

He must have been traveling at a high rate of speed, a REALLY high rate of speed.
        When I was in high school, 200 years ago, 5 kids, schoolmates and friends of mine, got killed in a pole accident. A whole carload. The car looked much the same, but it was stuck to the pole about 6 feet up. The cops guessed 80-90 mph in town, a sharp curve. But that's just a cop guess after the fact. Fast is fast when you come to a sudden stop. Sudden de-celleration is a real bitch. I still can't believe the cop lived from that pic. A miracle indeed.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
          Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
          How fast was he going??

When I was in high school, 200 years ago, 5 kids, schoolmates and friends of mine, got killed in a pole accident. A whole carload. The car looked much the same, but it was stuck to the pole about 6 feet up. The cops guessed 80-90 mph in town, a sharp curve. But that's just a cop guess after the fact. Fast is fast when you come to a sudden stop. Sudden de-celleration is a real bitch. I still can't believe the cop lived from that pic. A miracle indeed.
          To follow that point up with you have to consider the surface area in which the force is focused/applied. If that cruiser were to of hit a wall that did not give at the same rate and direction, the wall wouldn't go nearly as far into the car as the pole did simply because of surface area. Like coming off a diving board where your body is the pole and the water is the car, you hit the water surface with the same force, but a nice dive goes in deeper than a belly flop. I'd bet the cruiser was probably in the 40-60mph range, maybe less? Afterall he did survive.

I like Brian's comment the best ;D
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

After Officer Baker washed his police cruiser he in advertantly left it on the hook to dry rather hanging it up with clothes pins.
            The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

While in pursuit of a stolen tank, Officer O'Malley found out the hard the pit maneuver won't work.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The tree was cited for failure to yield...
                1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

The new line of Tranformer "Alphabet Warriors" isnt up to industry standards. As seen by this photo, The letter "U" police cruiser model may transform without any notice or at any time, possibly injuring its occupant. Officer Studdanko remarked " I am fortunate that my training has made my senses very sharp, and I was able to open the door and escape sure death." There has been no comment from Transformer LLC of North America, but a full recall may be in order.
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17
                  "Stay thirsty my friends"
                  The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Working...
                  X