Original owner Sunoco station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Original owner Sunoco station

A bit of history on how Pure remains today..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pure_Oil

Comment

Thanks. Guess I should have thought to look there but I'm an old guy and sometimes forget that this new-fangled interweb can find info on ANYTHING.

Dan

Comment

Sunoco is the official fuel of the New Jersey Turnpike (it has the franchise rights at each rest stop)
        a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

I wonder how the whole infrastructure works, given the attention and media coverage of the oil spill. So they all drill and pump it and it all goes onto a huge market where it's traded and sold like stock certificates. Futures, whatever that is.

I reckon if it goes WHOOF when you throw a match to it, it must be gasoline. Beyond that, I don't think we have any idea where it came from, except out of the ground somewhere on earth.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I believe if it was getting refined locally like it used to we would be better off. I know alot of the ones drilling and refining control it to some extent , then the ones that move it through the pipeline, like Colonial control it some, and the the big storage yards and down to the local distributor. A lot of hands. The distributor just picks it up and adds his mixture of XYZ to the gas and say its ours.

If I can ever find the pics of long ago and scan them I will share my right out of High School gas station experience,
            It was with Red Head Oil , a division of Ashland. They also owned Solo, Payless, Savemore and SuperAmerica. These brands was well known in WV, Ohio, Kentucky and maybe a few other places.
            I worked at a station in Kanawha City WV (Charleston) the adfdress was 5201 McCorkle Ave. These guys that was District and Regional was a bunch of dicks. But thats life ,it was a job.

Comment

Working...
            X