Pretty Darned Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Darned Hot

Yeah, it's just about hot enough in eastern TN, 94 is about right. Check out my weather station readout, though. Squirrels have been walking on the top of the fence and peeing on the little can with the windspeed propeller and all the telemetry inside it. So, the relative humidity measurement is messed up, always way too high. Check out the heat index reading because of it:

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Pretty Darned Hot

Kinda looks like Nebraska and South Carolina weather. Today its nicer in Hastings Ne than it is there. Count your blessings, you could live in Husker land and deal with extreme temperature swings and spreads, not to mention the ever present 40mph wind.

Comment

Where is the readout that calls for a 100% chance of squirrel pee? :D
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
        Kinda looks like Nebraska and South Carolina weather. Today its nicer in Hastings Ne than it is there. Count your blessings, you could live in Husker land and deal with extreme temperature swings and spreads, not to mention the ever present 40mph wind.
        Yeah, I learned a lot about Midwestern weather on my bicycle. The cliche out there is, if you don't like the weather wait a few minutes and it'll change. Yes, it sure will.

I planned the long bike trip for months studying maps. I knew where the mountains were. But no map in the world shows the wind. Good gosh, I could have ridden from west to east with my feet on the handlebars. I had no idea until I got out there into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Where is the readout that calls for a 100% chance of squirrel pee? :D

HAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!! That's an advanced package I didn't get when I bought the thing at Home Depot for 80 bucks. Actually, there's only about a 60% chance of squirell pee, given that some of them walk past and don't hike it up...but the rest of them do. Rats with fuzzy tails. Acrobats. Comedians. Weather station pissers. Dadgum a dadgum squirrel.

Comment

Peewee - how close are your neighbors?

Maybe a bit much for a squirrel gun - but I'll make you a heck of a deal on a 30-06 with a scope ;)
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
              Peewee - how close are your neighbors?

Maybe a bit much for a squirrel gun - but I'll make you a heck of a deal on a 30-06 with a scope ;)
              Gawd. It's an established subdivision with sidewalks and litle kids running amuck with scooters and water guns. 50 feet between houses on the side.

A 30 ought 6? Jimminy, I'd like to see what....no, that would vaporize a squirrel. Poof! Red liquid. No, can't shoot that here. Nice thought and proposal, though. If our neighborhood is invaded by rampaging elephants, I'll PM you, but only as a last resort if the cops seem unable to handle it themselves....

Comment

Comment

Would you prefer this?

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/real-car-crash-900

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman
                    Well taken. But therein is a cultrural difference, again. Heat's heat, and you don't have to shovel heat from under the car to get out of the driveway. My ex-boss was from Newfoundland, and I swear and declare his problem down here was that you don't ever get snowed in. That's what he was used to. Getting snowed in. And he couldn't stand the heat. He was like a fish out of water when he was here. Never got snowed in. And it got hot. Real danged hot. He couldn't handle it. He went back home.

Cultural differences.

Comment

It's 104 right now at BangShift.com west coast headquarters. No bueno by a lot.
                      "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

pee wees locale .. I spot that every year, gets hotter than everything around it sometimes...and stays there.

maine has a bowl phenomona, bangor northward.. same freaky stuff. Head and physically breaking for some. They dip into the 20s below and stay there, hit 90s and stay there...Then the routine disappears. Thias year is close to a very hot one, even here. Tomorrow is 90.(it will be mid 90s) they NEVER ever get it correct.

a few million more hydro carbon vapor gallons have to vaporize this year.. hope the gulf flow stays away. Nasty , even here..

just wait a few months and look at the weather maps, your place is not so bad. At least one direction in weather does not need 120k btu furnace and the same for a/c. :
                        I actaully hope for a ten inch hurricane grabbing the whole coast, from the atlantic side. ;D
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Stolen from my friend's facebook, taken yesterday in Las Vegas :o

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

107 today...wrong day to wear boxers and ABU's
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

actually it felt about right a few days ago. it's been friggin hot in Tennessee.
                              when in doubt,.. throttle out

Comment

Working...
                              X