No announcement yet.

Dave and Chad cut up a vet for HR mag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave and Chad cut up a vet for HR mag.

On Monday July 12, 2010 the staff of HOT ROD Magazine towed a beat-down '85 Chevrolet Corvette to Toyota Speedway at Irwindale to do a little track testing. ...

Re: Dave and Chad cut up a vet for HR mag.

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Hot-Ro...t-to-Help.html

Watch it here instead. We get the clicks that way. LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Also spread the word around! Send our link anywhere you can.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

HMMMMMM - interesting. I still think those Gen 4 Vette's are under appreciated.

Dan

Comment

By the way, it wasn't just me and DF. In fact it was Mike Finnegan and I that thrashed to make the car ready, and then on the day of the cutting and testing, we had DF and Rob Kinnan too.

Mike is the newest member of the Hot Rod gang and rules all. He's stmike on our forums too. He is a certifiable bad ass boat racer too. How does 7.80 at 135 sound in the quarter on the water!

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
          How does 7.80 at 135 sound in the quarter on the water!
          Sounds like a boat noob making a mistake, I thought they ran eighth miles on the water!
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

there are few 1000' races back east but here on the west coast we run 1/4 mile for everything but Top Fuel Hydros.
            Chad has the numbers right. Hopefully we run better next time out.

Comment

Sounds .... erriely insane.....

I'm fairly sure you've convinced him it was Nothing compared to riding backwards through the lights at 215 eh Sugar britches????

Hey Mike.... welcome to the fray..... ( I've noticed your name on here... and I'm Envious of this thrash.... )

K

Comment

Must not have any traction issues :o
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I stumbled into a boat drags show on Spike? the other day, holy puckerville, batman!

The vette hack looks like It'll be a fun read/watch but how come nobody was wearing gold chains?
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

In fact, Finnegan made some man jewelry from some of the parts. He'll be selling them at craft shows throughout the rest of the summer.

In all honesty, Finnegan and I wanted to drive the car in with Santana playing on the stereo (because we found a santana tape in the car), while wearing Corvette hats with the gold rope on them, Vette shirts, mustaches, and MembersOnly jackets.

It would have ruled.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                      How does 7.80 at 135 sound in the quarter on the water!
                      Sounds like a boat noob making a mistake, I thought they ran eighth miles on the water!
                      Quarter-mile here at Lake Ming and others. But when you look at the numbers, don't forget that boat drags are timed from a "roll," which also makes the reaction times really hard to nail. And Finnegan won a championship.

Comment

sawz all to the windshield. :

who is gonna get the glass dust in the lung first...
                        that stuff cab magically appear 4 years later.

have fun otherwise. ;D
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The track safety guy told us to hold our breath while we cut so no glass in our lungs. We did that.

Safety first!!!

Comment

The track safety guy told us to hold our breath while we cut so no glass in our lungs. We did that.

Safety first!!!
                            So you guys can laugh out loud,and still not breathe?? ;D

Comment

That reminds me of a story done in a import mag a few years back, nice to see it done on an interesting chassis.

Comment

Working...
                              X