Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need

Need a prayer for my dad.The big "C" has hit.6-8 months tops.Hes 82 and says quality over quantity and as much as it hurts I agree.This SUCKS!!!

Re: Need

Sorry to hear. You and your Dad will be in my prayers.

Comment

Terrible,I will say a prayer and hope for the best.

Comment

I will say a prayer for your dad and you and your family!
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Dude, I'm sorry. That's the worst thing to ever hear, and I know it personally. Enjoy the time you have left and make the most out of it.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

best u can do is be there for him...
            and make the 1st few months (when he isn't really dragged down..)
            fun...
            if there was a place he always wanted to travel to.. and see..
            NOW is the time..
            prayers sent...
            stay strong....

Comment

Thoughts and prayers going out for your Dad right now !!

Comment

Man that sucks!...Thoughts and prayers headed your way Don, and I'm just a phone call away (and a few hours) if you need anything at all.
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Don. I lost my Dad to the same thing July 29th 2007, miss you Dad. Spend as much time as possible with him! Prayers to you and yours.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Sucks out loud.... I'll keep you in my prayer....

Comment

Seems like we have too many of these type of posts as our parents age. I guess it's inevitable but it still hurts - as I know first hand and current. One of the things we've learned with my Mom is that palliative care has come a LONG way and they, no doubt, can keep your Dad comfortable. We take great comfort that Mom now feels better, even if she isn't better. We also learned that Hospice is available even if the end is not "just around the corner". Mom's oncologist said he'll set it up as we need it so I'm guessing that's the place you may want to start.

Strongest Positive Energy sent to you, your Dad, and your family
                      Dan

Comment

Hospice here has a thrift shop that takes donated clothes and resells them.Most still have the original price tags on them.Its run by volunteers.Mom and Dad both volunteer their time there.Hospice here ROCKS!!!Dad worked in clothing retail and at the office level his entire life so they welcomed his knowledge.
                        His bucket list is short.He wants to go fishing in the city lake where he grew up.Its 30 miles away so consider it done.I just wont fish where he fishes.Theres a ledge that there is always a school of bluegill.I always lose a hook and he cathes fish. ;D
                        He told me that if I fish that spot for ten years I'll learn how to do it right. :D
                        Thanks everyone.

Comment

know how ya feel
                          my dad survived throat cancer a couple of years back , now in a springfield , mass hospital with 6 clogged arteries
                          best of luck , prayers , warm wishes to all

Comment

Working...
                          X