Good track announcers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good track announcers

Really good ones are hard to find. ;) Ive heard Brian a few times and he knows how to keep it interesting.
    Ive got to talk up anothe BS'er(literally) Ron Ward.
    PINKS ALL OUT was at HPT today.Hot as hell and a LONG day. I was sitting with a group of people I didnt know.One of the guys said"That guy explained drag racing in the simplest form without making a newbie feel stupid"Ive been to many a track and he was right.Talked up Larson making some passes,Weakland running 10.0s with a M,T etc.There was very little downtime while Ron was in the booth.I talk alot but to do what you announcers do Id have a sore throat.
    Thanks to all the great announcers out there!
    Almost forgot.Ron you ever make low rider ElCamino Mike Segura joke while Im drinking my beer I will hunt you down Mr Ward. ;D

Re: Good track announcers

give him the berserko bob award !!!!

Comment

my fave is lewis bloom
      the sound of my youth

Comment

got to hang out and watch Ron do his job a while back, he is very good at what he does!!
        sorry I missed this event, thought I was going to work today and low on funds :'(
        I missed a good oppertunity to catch a few bangsifters :'( :'( :'(
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Chad " i don't have a Clue" Reynolds... another of the voices out there... and frankly Freiburger when you finally convince him is outstanding... Chad requires no convincing.... just a point and shout.... " Hey Chad .... the announcer dropped his mic. check it out..."

K

Comment

Well I couldn't get out of here without asking Brian about how to drop a Clutch.....

Something bout a Crack pipe.... hmmm

K

Comment

Keith, that's a line that never fails to make people look up and say....did her really just say that?!

When there's a really violent stick car, I tell the crowd, "Oh man, he just dropped the clutch like a hot crack pipe!"

The laugh to scowel ratio is pretty good on that one.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I was at Topeka on Friday and there was a lot of down time but Ron kept it interesting. Ron was also prepping the crowd for Larry's appearance Saturday, I hope Larry did well and did he find someone to Match Race, I haven't heard?

Comment

Thanks for the props, guys. I appreciate it. It was a good crowd to have fun with even though the heat was miserable.

Phil, nope... Larry couldn't find anyone to line up with him, so instead, he went picking on a field of 6 Super Comp dragsters and showed them his taillights. Conditions were far from ideal. The track was hot, the air density was at 4500 feet and the Nova could only muster low 8's at 175mph. What happened to you on Saturday? I went looking for ya, but you were nowhere to be found.

Spidey, I agree, Louis Bloom is a fantastic announcer. I just wish the top brass at NHRA would let him do the show rather than Paul Page.

Cobey, you are welcome to come hang out in Topeka anytime. You have my number, just give me a ring when you are heading this way.

I was fortunate to hone my skills on the mic with Bob Unkefer. If you haven't heard Bob, you are missing out on another amazing personality as I am sure Brian will attest. I have also had the good fortune to work with a few other great ones with the gift of gab, including Dave McClelland, Allan Reinhart, Bob Frey, Bret Kepner, Johnny Moto and one of my all-time favorites, (and also the guy who has been hired and fired by the NHRA more times than anyone else) Hasley Hood. Each one of these guys has his own unique style that entertains and informs the crowd. I learned a lot from all of them, but Unk is the guy who took the time to take me under his wing and show me the ropes. He explained in detail how things should be done, and more importantly, how things should not be done.

An announcer can make or break an event, regardless of venue. The good ones are much appreciated and the not so good ones... well...

I am looking forward to finding an event where Brian and I could share some duties. Maybe we need to put together a BS event somewhere around the midwest, like National Trail or Bowling Green.

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Ron
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

beat up on cookie cutter s/c dragsters , cool
                    in 1990 , local hero James DiCiacco won super comp at the summernationals with a small block grand am door car

Comment

John "MAJIC MAN" Matajasic from Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield ...he also announces big races at Sacramento....John is a wealth of knowledge and never allows dead time or music on the mic....if he's not plugging sponsrs of the race he's chattin about history or talking about the Aussies Nostalgia scene....I've raced many tracks.....John is like an old friend....and it's not un-common to find him par taking of libations in the pits late at night to connect better with the racers.
                      Go to his website and listen to some of his samples...also his summernats video is cool.
                      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman
                        John is like an old friend....and it's not un-common to find him par taking of libations in the pits late at night to connect better with the racers.
                        Ah.... I call this "quality time."

Sounds like a great guy.

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                          Originally posted by Chassisman
                          John is like an old friend....and it's not un-common to find him par taking of libations in the pits late at night to connect better with the racers.
                          Ah.... I call this "quality time."

Sounds like a great guy.

Ron
                          Need to get you and him together in the tower for a March Meet......would be awesome.
                          The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward

Phil, nope... Larry couldn't find anyone to line up with him, so instead, he went picking on a field of 6 Super Comp dragsters and showed them his taillights. Conditions were far from ideal. The track was hot, the air density was at 4500 feet and the Nova could only muster low 8's at 175mph. What happened to you on Saturday? I went looking for ya, but you were nowhere to be found.
                            I had Nitrous issues on Friday and wasn't even able to make a full pass to establish an index, got pissed, packed it in the trailer Friday evening and headed home.

Comment

I will challange you Ron... well actually YOU BRIAN and Sugar britches .. ( Yes Chad that's YOU this time ..)

We need to put on a Drag Racing Event that Chad and I have talked about a lot.... but done nothing on...

CHAD.... we need to Get Freiburger on Board and make that happen in Bowling Green.... TELL me it wouldn't be Epic!!!

Bring your big Bottle... or go Home!!!!

Hmmmm Hmmmm Hmmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X