X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegaman
    replied
    Re: Car shows

For Keith and anyone else who's interested I started a thread about the build up of my Vega here

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=23777.0

Leave a comment:

• chevy3100
    replied

Originally posted by squirrel
    wonder how that coincides with the valuation of their dollars and ours?
    Having the American dollar in the tank definitely helps us Canadian folks get more for our money ;)

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied

wonder how that coincides with the valuation of their dollars and ours?

Leave a comment:

• vert1940
    replied

i have been amazed the last 7-10 yrs how the quality of cars has just gotten outstanding.having never been to canada,i am really impressed..even nicer than around here

Leave a comment:

• KeithTurk
    replied

Tell her I liked the wheel pic in particular..

Leave a comment:

• Vegaman
    replied

agreed, I sure wouldn't take them too seriously, at least not the local ones and I really don't get building a car strictly for show. We have weekly shows around here all the time but not a lot of actual cruising. I would much rather do that but unfortunately this is as good as it gets for now. I go and hang out for an hour or two and then move on.

Keith, I'm leaving today for a few days to take the boys camping, when I get back I'll dig out some pics of the build if you like and post them up.

I think the pics you're talking about are probably ones the wife took, I'm not that good ;D

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied

I've worked at putting on car shows....I've even been a judge at an isca show...I know better than to take the awards seriously!

Leave a comment:

• KeithTurk
    replied

Jeff.... I've seen your junk.... the 4WD wagon would have been a reasonable choice.... ( little Yellow bullet action for ya )...

You bringing your junk to Drag week????

Hi-jack off...

So I just put two and 2 together and realized that was YOUR Vega... mostly cause I'm a idiot.... ( beat ya to it Jeff )...

That really is a nice car.... can we see more of the Motor installation... like Radiator to Fan, Headers, Accesories... and maybe a rear end shot???

Thanks.... By the way.... several of your pictures are Pure Art....

K

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Originally posted by KeithTurk
    I consider car shows like a train wreck.... I go... hang out with my friends... but mostly I stick to Cruise nights... rather then car show's.... Something about competing with friends for popularity points among the crowd just rubs me wrong...

That and my Healey losing to a 56 Chevy wagon with a poorly installed 4 wheel drive kit.. ( true story... I quit ever entering a "car show" after that )

K
    oh yeah that would hurt... I stopped showing after I took my Buick to an All-Buick show and being told I couldn't participate because it wasn't a Buick.... ???

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied

Yeah Keith, I am with you, plus mine are never that nice, when I have it at a Lawn Chair Race I dont enter I just Cruise around

Leave a comment:

• KeithTurk
    replied

I consider car shows like a train wreck.... I go... hang out with my friends... but mostly I stick to Cruise nights... rather then car show's.... Something about competing with friends for popularity points among the crowd just rubs me wrong...

That and my Healey losing to a 56 Chevy wagon with a poorly installed 4 wheel drive kit.. ( true story... I quit ever entering a "car show" after that )

K

Leave a comment:

• Vegaman
    replied

yup, security, speed bumps, gates, lotsa bad feelings there, surprised KMS is getting away with it. it did tend to get a bit rowdy now and then though, Timmys is supposed to be more family oriented, we'll see

Leave a comment:

• chevy3100
    replied

Originally posted by Vegaman
    the one in Surrey (Newton) is pretty small, I believe Wednesday nights, Maple Ridge is much better. KMS tools is fairly small too but Friday nights in Langley at the Tim Hortons on Logan Ave. is supposed to be like the old Java Hut, going to head there this Friday night ;)
    Ah, the old Java Hut... I had heard that the owner had some sort of a hissy fit about the cars hanging out there on weekends & not spending enough $$$ (don't know if it was true or not). I do remember when they suddenly had security at the entrance one Friday night and signs that basically said "no classic cars" - I was just trying to go into Princess Auto to get something in my slammed S10 and a security guard started asking questions. Kind of bizarre, but they went out of business not too long after that.

The Java Hut out here in Chilliwack has a get together on thursday nights, but it's pretty small.

I think I'm going to check out the show at the Langley quarter Midget track on the weekend since I seem to have my 4 year old hooked on the idea of getting one of those little things to race next year.

Leave a comment:

• Vegaman
    replied

for you Jim, taken at another show though ;)

Leave a comment:

• Vegaman
    replied

the one in Surrey (Newton) is pretty small, I believe Wednesday nights, Maple Ridge is much better. KMS tools is fairly small too but Friday nights in Langley at the Tim Hortons on Logan Ave. is supposed to be like the old Java Hut, going to head there this Friday night ;)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X