Racing on the Computer Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing on the Computer Again

Yeah, I've made it to maximum level on the X-Box game, "Need for Speed." Level 50.

I'm probably going to lose my man card for doing it, and I'm certain Keith Turk will turn lots of un-natural colors at the very thought of if - racing on the computer. But I'm sorry, there is a way to trick your brain into thinking you're racing without spending millions of dollars and risking life and limb at the same time. Visually with the graphics and technology these days, your brain doesn't know the difference. At least mine doesn't. And I can hit the guardrail knowing I can restart the game and try it again, all the while the performance stats on the cars are supposedly realistic.

Road course. The Pagani Zonda-R. That's what I'm driving at level 50. I was skeptical about the realism of the video game. The Pagani is so fast, ... it's STUPID fast, like dodging blue-haired grandmothers on the freeway, albeit the other cars are legitimate racing machines. I had to do a search:

http://www.paganiautomobili.it/ It looks to be real.

This damn car is so fast, the acceleration, the braking, the top end, the handling...the problem is keeping it on the track and dodging the other cars that are in the way. It's so far superior to the other cars, you have to learn to drive it conservatively, which I haven't been able to do yet. I haven't mastered it at all yet. Haven't won the road course race. But gosh, what fun to try.

Do I lose my man card, even if I never really had one to begin with? How else do you get to experience such a thing virtually for nearly free (the cost of the software), and at no real risk? Wreck it, and press reset. My brain can't tell the difference from the real thing, but my body and my wallet sure can. Good gosh that Pagani is STUPID fast. Get outta the way. Well, there I went and wrecked a three million dollar car again. Reset. Try one more time.

pw

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Racing on the Computer Again

i love zonda's
    they are getting to be more poppular
    i watched a show about them and they only make 17 a year because they are hand crafted carbon fiber
    The youngest guy on the board
    76 vega
    86 fiero

Comment

Re: Racing on the Computer Again

The video game says the Pagani Zonda-R has 750 horsepower at a weight of 2,668 pounds. Says it has 710 ft/lbs of torque, whatever that means.

What a heck of a ride.

Okay peewee, shut up. You're racing on the TV. Pansy ass. Bad peewee. That's as close as I'll ever get, though. Dang, that car is fast. If the game is "virtual," I've driven Lambos and Porches and Ferraris and all sorts of exotic stuff, but that Zonda is in a breed by itself.

And I've wrecked it a few times. No, I've wrecked it EVERY time. Good gosh. Who can THINK that fast?
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
      X