Should I collect today's magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I collect today's magazines?

I keep 'em all. It's a...ummm..hobby, yeah that's it.

I have a complete set of Hot Rods from about 72
    Car Craft from about 80
    Sports Car Graphic complete set

I actually have a shit load. :D
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Don't toss 'em - drop them off at the local Vets hospital - good reading from any era.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
        If you have the good ones from the 60's, why bother with today's ?
        To keep up with some of the new/old tech. Plus, DF's got Hot Rod in the right direction. Lots of good stuff coming out in those.
        STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
          Seems the only ones I really enjoy have 60's content, which seems redundant of what I already collect.
          Originally posted by groucho
          Originally posted by White Monster
          If you have the good ones from the 60's, why bother with today's ?
          To keep up with some of the new/old tech. Plus, DF's got Hot Rod in the right direction. Lots of good stuff coming out in those.
          Well then, there's the answer to your question.
          ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
            Don't toss 'em - drop them off at the local Vets hospital - good reading from any era.
            Or, you can find a local group that sends 'care packages' to the troops overseas. I can tell you from experience they are treasures to those guys.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I stopped saving all of them about 5 years ago. I kept all my old stuff from about '86 back. One of my prized possessions is my collection of SS/Di from 1969 to the end, the early Pro Stock stuff and doorslammer action is priceless!

Now though, I only save every issue of Rodders Journal, Vintage Motorsports, Traditional Rod & Kustom, Hot Rod Deluxe and a few small books (Rolls and Pleats, Dice) plus selected issues of Hot Rod, Car Craft, R&C, MCR and Muscle Machines only when there is something of real interest.
              Time Wasters...
              http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
              http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Any car magazine I get, gets saved...new ones for the same reason the old ones did. All may be interesting history some day. They don't take up that much room (well actually the entire end of a walk-in closet now, but whatever). With literally thousands of articles that take ten minutes to read, it's like my A.D.D. museum. :D

National Geographics get saved in their own glass-front shelved cabinet, from '58-up only takes a 1 x 2' footprint but it's getting time to build a bigger one as there is a growing stack along the side. Car magazines don't line up on their ends so well so there's nothing to do but stick 'em in the closet unless one wanted to buy binders, which I don't.

Two A.M. and can't sleep, pull out an old magazine.

Comment

i came SOOO close getting rid of them during my separation... :

then i came to my senses... :o..all the truck and 4wd stuff was given away when i first got married...i just bought CC and CHP yesterday..(i was bored)and it cost me 15 bux!!i should renew my sub to CC now that i have moved..

in the last couple of years,i have been passing some on to a buddy at work.

al
                  "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Working...
                  X