Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1,100 horse 292 inline six in a 36 chevy pick up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,100 horse 292 inline six in a 36 chevy pick up!!!

I have followed this on the web for the last couple of years. started out N/A then to N2O now running a turbo and trying to squeeze out 1,100 hp. Turn up the sound and enjoy 8). that six really lopes after the dyno pull.there is also a vid of a run with the old N/A engine.Dyno run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baj4U...os=6QQD9P57_qE

a run with the old N/A engine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1CPD...eature=related

their web site is.http://www.mighty6.com/home
    It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Re: 1,100 horse 292 inline six in a 36 chevy pick up!!!

This is what Goliath will be in a couple of years! ;) Do it, Brian! ;D

Seriously, that is really cool. I6's are becoming more popular as people realize the practicality and potential of them. Everbody has a V8! : Your '64 Falcon is sweet! The build thread is very interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

that truck is here in texas, I havent seen it - YET ! but im gunna be on the lookout for it thou
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Just like mine - only about a thousand HP more. Nothing I couldn't do with $100K and skill and talent and......

Dan

Comment

;D
          Originally posted by DanStokes
          Just like mine - only about a thousand HP more. Nothing I couldn't do with $100K and skill and talent and......

Dan
          ;D

he only has my tri power 200 by 935 Hp but I think I can take him If he breaks at the line........ before he gets any forward momentum. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrari812
            This is what Goliath will be in a couple of years! ;) Do it, Brian! ;D

Seriously, that is really cool. I6's are becoming more popular as people realize the practicality and potential of them. Everbody has a V8! : Your '64 Falcon is sweet! The build thread is very interesting. Thank you for sharing!
            Thanks. that was the very reason for the tri power build, to get away from the usual 289/302 that seem to be in every falcon I see.I just didn't expect the attention it would bring. It seems to draw a crowd whenever I pop the hood. I like to hit the several local cruise ins in this area. the reaction is useally " now that's cool a six cylinder with 3 carbs followed by ... I thought It was a 289 by the way it sounded when you pulled in. My wife and I have both enjoyed the conversation and people we have met as a result of the little six. There are already plans for a CI aluminum head and a t5 after I get some miles on this build.

Comment

I think people are generally tired of the "plain vanilla" engine choices that are made. Those choices are made for good reasons, but something different will always draw interest if executed well.

Comment

The Buzz Bomb is race-only so I don't get reactions at the cruise-ins, but whenever I lift the hood at the track folks gather around. The comments are always supportive and folks seem to really dig it. Seeing a Holley 4 barrel on the Offy intake (and the crazy linkage it takes to make it work) seems to get 'em every time. I built the car to please me but it's cool that others like it, too.

This is kinda weird for me. As a young man, NO ONE would touch an inline, and inline sixes were for old men - or your Mom. Now they have some kind of cool factor. Times change. Love the way mine buzzes at speed! BTW - rear wheel HP (Dynojet) is 134, before N2). I plan to get it back to Wayne's (Jacksonville, NC) and check the tune and HP with the spray. I'll post the results.

Some day I want to turbo one of my engines. Turns out that the manifolds are available here in the 'States from an Argentinian company so it's pretty do-able.

Have fun
                Dan

Comment

great googly moogly's!

The 292 is pretty low compression stock you know.... hmmmmm ;D
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X