Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, an artist is doing a (colored) pencil drawing of my car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, an artist is doing a (colored) pencil drawing of my car...

It all started from this photo, which he loved. I had asked him if he thought I should leave the shades off the dash, he said Hell no, it's a personal touch that makes it MINE, so we left it. I just wanted to share this with you guys... I envy anyone who is artistic like this. He does these for a living, but puts a LOT of time & pride into each drawing.

Check this out, from the beginning:

Then...

Then...

Then...

I'll post more as he goes... But I tell ya, he DEFINITELY has got some mad skills... When he's done it'll be 11X17" and framed on my wall.
    Check out KrazyFlake.com!! New pictures being added daily!!

http://www.krazyflake.com/gallery/index.php/

Re: So, an artist is doing a (colored) pencil drawing of my car...

Cool! Definitely something every gearhead needs in their garage!

Comment

Thanks! The details amaze me. The reflections of the grass in the bumper. The reflection off the push bar.The perfect lines on the white letter tires... Very cool!!

For anyone that might be interested, here's the link to his Facebook page. I'm sorry if you're not on FB, but it's how I communicate with him:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=87691&id=100001159013172#!/profile.php?id=100001159013172

His name is Robert, and I just found his email addy:

[email protected]

Comment

Rules!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Drawing chrome is not about drawing "chrome"...it's all about the reflections on the curved part (and chroming anything flat is just dumb). Same with the painted surfaces, he knows the guardrail reflections on the side will work, if he also draws the guardrail.

I quit drawing 'cause I couldn't get it like that guy does. Nice Work!

Comment

Originally posted by Loren
            Drawing chrome is not about drawing "chrome"...it's all about the reflections on the curved part (and chroming anything flat is just dumb). Same with the painted surfaces, he knows the guardrail reflections on the side will work, if he also draws the guardrail.

I quit drawing 'cause I couldn't get it like that guy does. Nice Work!
            Interesting!! Thanks for the breakdown.. I couldn't draw a circle if I wasn't tracing a quarter.

Comment

this guys got skills, very very nice...has he any training/school or is he self taught?

there was a time...way back when...that I used to draw cars like that...for hours on end (never did color tho)..I dreamed of making a living at it...but...I chose a different path......
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I am no artist. In fact, I took architectual drawing, the old school way. Part of the class was making out own board and simple T-square to cover it, then use more complex stuff and gadgets to get real math written.

hence art makes me angry.

I noticed in nanoseconds of the drawings of your car... the geometry of the driver side fender is flattened on the top curve...that curve is thousands of pousands different than a flat one...and the artist flattened it.
                ???
                These thoughts got worse and better for me after welding unibodies... did you know most bodies only have a striaght line at the rockers? Not even oe keeps it perfect through the years of use.

An artist could at least get the imagination of strength correct. The idea of it all, correct, and even accentuated a slight.

/end criticism
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm not an artist.... I like art... But there are Zero Art skills in my bones....

K

Comment

forget the shades,
                    have him pencil you in, sliding across the hood,,

Comment

Boxer, are you trying to bag on the mans drawings? Is that what you're trying to say?
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Awesome .... I can't wait to see the finished artwork.
                        ;)

Comment

We'll never know. It's written in Boxerese as will any response he my make. Boxer remains our mystery man.

Personally, I think the drawing is, as the Brits say, BRILLIANT. Wish I could do one billionth as well. Great car, too.

Dan

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                          Boxer, are you trying to bag on the mans drawings? Is that what you're trying to say?

Comment

This is awesome... Here's today's progress shot... It left me in awe:

As for me sliding across the hood....I have but one thing to say and that's LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Some talent, there... good stuff.
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X