BS'er needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BS'er needs help

We're going thru this together - me with my Mom, you with your Dad. No brilliant words of wisdom, other than to be in the moment with your Dad. We (my brothers and I) are making sure that the docs keep her as comfortable as possible and we know there's no "miracle cure" just around the corner. So far Mom's feeling OK (off and on) but we know she has a limited run on this planet - but then, she's 90 on July 31.

Best to you and your family
    Dan

Comment

I'm praying for you and your family.
      Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrari812
        You and your father are in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy the time you have left with him.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
          Originally posted by Ferrari812
          You and your father are in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy the time you have left with him.
          X3

no words are sufficient - prayers sent.

Carpe Diem
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
            We're going thru this together - me with my Mom, you with your Dad. No brilliant words of wisdom, other than to be in the moment with your Dad. We (my brothers and I) are making sure that the docs keep her as comfortable as possible and we know there's no "miracle cure" just around the corner. So far Mom's feeling OK (off and on) but we know she has a limited run on this planet - but then, she's 90 on July 31.

Best to you and your family
            Dan
            Prayes to your family Dan.Dad turns 82 in Oct.Dad would rip my ass if I did some burnouts and donuts with him in the car. ;D Might have to do that!My being a gearhead is from his dad not him.

Comment

Anything we can do to support you guys, just let us know.

We've had too many bad news moments from everyone lately, and it sucks.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you and your families.

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Thanks all. So far I've been pretty sanguine about the whole deal. After all, she's 90 and none of us are immortal. The tough part is that my Mom's mom died of cancer in the early 50's and it was horrible, so Mom has that image in her head. The docs, and ESPECIALLY the nurses (bless 'em all) have been super at assuring her that she will be helped to feel good in the meantime. And mostly she has been, with a few bad days here and there.

I'm a phone call away - number is on the ECTA website (ecta-lsr.com) in the contact section. Call if you need/want to.

Your right, Chad. Too much of this lately. I guess that's because our parents got old.

Dan

Comment

Dan, expect a phone call. This shit sucks!!!-Don

Comment

I just went through this with my Mom. If you need anything, let me know. Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                    X