Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelson Racing Engines

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nelson Racing Engines

    Not trying to stir up s&*t, but does anyone in existence actually "race" with an engine from NRE? Just curious, I always see their huge dyno numbers & crazy high dollar prices, but I have never heard of a racer, be it LSR, Drag, etc. running one of their engines.

    If there are, I'd love to see what they are in.

  • #2
    Re: Nelson Racing Engines

    I like what they do.

    for the crazy shared rod pin, it is about as exotic as one is going to get.
    I watch their vids on youtube.

    the small block with sohc, side tapped four bolt, top mount starter option..several engine mount options, full water (really got my attention there). they are trying for bigger audience.

    That company would be surprised at how much sales increased if they would just show a 9to1 daily grandma ...in the sohc engine for example.

    ponder full water, and the modern setup...dispersing the crazy in aluminum... :o
    As far as v8s go and staying enthused.. I would have one if a big spender.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Nelson Racing Engines

      Originally posted by chevy3100
      Not trying to stir up s&*t, but does anyone in existence actually "race" with an engine from NRE? Just curious, I always see their huge dyno numbers & crazy high dollar prices, but I have never heard of a racer, be it LSR, Drag, etc. running one of their engines.

      If there are, I'd love to see what they are in.
      Chev -- I haven't seen many of Tom's motors out here on the East Coast, but I can say for 100% sure that there is a dude having a drag race S10 truck built right now in NH that will be raced with a Nelson motor in it.

      Other than that....I dunno.

      Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Nelson Racing Engines

        I asked this same question a long time ago. There is no question that he makes crazy horse power. the only car I have seen that could have been a racer was the '63 tempest.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad8g9IfWxKI

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Nelson Racing Engines

          Originally posted by 67prostreet
          There is no question that he makes crazy horse power.
          I question 1500hp on 8 75 lb/hr injectors.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Nelson Racing Engines

            ...so do I....
            "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

            522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Nelson Racing Engines

              Originally posted by boxer3main
              I like what they do.

              for the crazy shared rod pin, it is about as exotic as one is going to get.
              I watch their vids on youtube.

              the small block with sohc, side tapped four bolt, top mount starter option..several engine mount options, full water (really got my attention there). they are trying for bigger audience.

              That company would be surprised at how much sales increased if they would just show a 9to1 daily grandma ...in the sohc engine for example.

              ponder full water, and the modern setup...dispersing the crazy in aluminum... :o
              As far as v8s go and staying enthused.. I would have one if a big spender.
              on a positive note - boxer, do you still have the link to the Nelson video where he's showing an entirely new engine he is apparently having designed?? 32v v-8 looks pretty badass. now THAT is impressive!
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Nelson Racing Engines

                Originally posted by dieselgeek
                Originally posted by 67prostreet
                There is no question that he makes crazy horse power.
                I question 1500hp on 8 75 lb/hr injectors.
                I agree, even with a BSFC of .65, 100% injector duty cycle and 53psi of fuel pressure he would still need to run 110 lb/hr injectors.

                I'm starting to think that Nelson equals BS, when it comes to his Power Ratings. ;)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Nelson Racing Engines

                  Originally posted by dieselgeek
                  Originally posted by 67prostreet
                  There is no question that he makes crazy horse power.
                  I question 1500hp on 8 75 lb/hr injectors.
                  Must be a "Hot Vapor" engine.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Nelson Racing Engines

                    I stayed out of this thread cause it's really about Money and Talent more then it is about HP and quality Engines...

                    Come On guys.... give me a break.... is there a single one of you who wouldn't own one of these???? Seriously... ( think winning the Lotto )

                    Several of us went with David when he raced the F-bomb... we know the gig and what it will and won't do... and Tonya took a ride to Bob's big boy in it.... Don't turn this into a F-Bomb this and that thread.... that isn't the point... the point is that motor had an Ass Load of power.... call it HP, BTU's or Dog poop.... it went down the track and ran fairly well on a sunny day..... Oh sure you'd Race it different.... ( I'm throwing that in cause we've already been down this road ).... Whatever....

                    Tom Nelson is simply one of us.... Trust me on this.... The guy lives and breaths this junk.... it's his World... and frankly he's taken a Bazzillion HUGE ass risks to be where he's at.... so cut the guy some slack....

                    DG.... I won't argue DYNO numbers, correction factors, or anything about Fuel Pump's PSI or XXX Lb injectors with you.... ( Hello I'm not Stupid... I'm just an idiot ) ( ahhh HELLO )

                    K

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Nelson Racing Engines

                      <----- looking for the popcorn :o

                      ;)
                      There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

                      300 in 1999

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Nelson Racing Engines

                        Originally posted by KeithTurk
                        I stayed out of this thread cause it's really about Money and Talent more then it is about HP and quality Engines...

                        Come On guys.... give me a break.... is there a single one of you who wouldn't own one of these???? Seriously... ( think winning the Lotto )

                        Several of us went with David when he raced the F-bomb... we know the gig and what it will and won't do... and Tonya took a ride to Bob's big boy in it.... Don't turn this into a F-Bomb this and that thread.... that isn't the point... the point is that motor had an Ass Load of power.... call it HP, BTU's or Dog poop.... it went down the track and ran fairly well on a sunny day..... Oh sure you'd Race it different.... ( I'm throwing that in cause we've already been down this road ).... Whatever....

                        Tom Nelson is simply one of us.... Trust me on this.... The guy lives and breaths this junk.... it's his World... and frankly he's taken a Bazzillion HUGE ass risks to be where he's at.... so cut the guy some slack....

                        DG.... I won't argue DYNO numbers, correction factors, or anything about Fuel Pump's PSI or XXX Lb injectors with you.... ( Hello I'm not Stupid... I'm just an idiot ) ( ahhh HELLO )

                        K
                        Well said

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Nelson Racing Engines

                          I honestly don't know anyone racing with one, but I do know that Nelson has been busting our balls for the past couple years wanting to put one in the Camaro for Bonneville. The problem is that EFI makes it hard to run multiple classes like we like to do.
                          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Nelson Racing Engines

                            I've seen a handful of his motors,
                            just never on a track.
                            Having said that, I've built hundreds,
                            hundreds none of you have seen either.

                            So...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Nelson Racing Engines

                              the guy has his machine shop and dyno ...maybe takes in hd truck work too , but may be making a nice living with his packages , has brick and mortar action

                              there are a lot of engine builders out there

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X