X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67prostreet
    replied
    Re: Nelson Racing Engines

I asked this same question a long time ago. There is no question that he makes crazy horse power. the only car I have seen that could have been a racer was the '63 tempest.
    Nelson Racing Engines 522 CI Twin-Turbo powered 1963 Pontiac Tempest cruising around the streets. The car is 2000+ HP when running track tuned boost levels....

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

Originally posted by chevy3100
    Not trying to stir up s&*t, but does anyone in existence actually "race" with an engine from NRE? Just curious, I always see their huge dyno numbers & crazy high dollar prices, but I have never heard of a racer, be it LSR, Drag, etc. running one of their engines.

If there are, I'd love to see what they are in.
    Chev -- I haven't seen many of Tom's motors out here on the East Coast, but I can say for 100% sure that there is a dude having a drag race S10 truck built right now in NH that will be raced with a Nelson motor in it.

Other than that....I dunno.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied

I like what they do.

for the crazy shared rod pin, it is about as exotic as one is going to get.
    I watch their vids on youtube.

the small block with sohc, side tapped four bolt, top mount starter option..several engine mount options, full water (really got my attention there). they are trying for bigger audience.

That company would be surprised at how much sales increased if they would just show a 9to1 daily grandma ...in the sohc engine for example.

ponder full water, and the modern setup...dispersing the crazy in aluminum... :o
    As far as v8s go and staying enthused.. I would have one if a big spender.

Leave a comment:

• chevy3100
    started a topic Nelson Racing Engines

Nelson Racing Engines

Not trying to stir up s&*t, but does anyone in existence actually "race" with an engine from NRE? Just curious, I always see their huge dyno numbers & crazy high dollar prices, but I have never heard of a racer, be it LSR, Drag, etc. running one of their engines.

If there are, I'd love to see what they are in.
Working...
X