Nelson Racing Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nelson Racing Engines

Honestly, I was just curious about it because I see his stuff in the magazines all the time, but had never heard of one of their engines in a race car.

I think the stuff they build is freaking cool, I don't know enough to doubt the power figures, though I think it would be pretty hard to tell the difference between 800hp and 1200hp on the street (is the difference being able to light up the tires at 110mph instead of 90mph??)

I'm curious about the 3000hp engine mentioned on the website. Isn't that the kind of power Pro-Mods were making when they started hitting the 6.5 range at the track?

If I had the checkbook, I'd definitely love to have one of the works of art in my junk (though if I had the checkbook, my junk probably wouldn't be junk ;)

Comment

Chev -- a 3,000hp motor would shove a Pro Mod handily into the 5's.

That's ultra serious snot right there.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I guess it just depends on who's quoting the power figures. I don't know if anyone has accurate power numbers for cars at that level. I remember Mike Moran saying he had 3500hp a few years ago when he couldn't break into the 5's. Then again, I'd find it hard to believe that any N20 racer is getting 3500hp out of their car (could be, I just think it's a bit of a streach), yet there have been a few in the 5's.

Comment

can't get the clutch right NHRA pro stock will be in the 6.40s soon - no boost -no bottle -edwards has run 6.50 - terry adams on the clutch , the best in the business

Comment

Working...
          X