X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied
    Re: Nelson Racing Engines

can't get the clutch right NHRA pro stock will be in the 6.40s soon - no boost -no bottle -edwards has run 6.50 - terry adams on the clutch , the best in the business

Leave a comment:

• chevy3100
    replied

I guess it just depends on who's quoting the power figures. I don't know if anyone has accurate power numbers for cars at that level. I remember Mike Moran saying he had 3500hp a few years ago when he couldn't break into the 5's. Then again, I'd find it hard to believe that any N20 racer is getting 3500hp out of their car (could be, I just think it's a bit of a streach), yet there have been a few in the 5's.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

Chev -- a 3,000hp motor would shove a Pro Mod handily into the 5's.

That's ultra serious snot right there.

Leave a comment:

• chevy3100
    replied

Honestly, I was just curious about it because I see his stuff in the magazines all the time, but had never heard of one of their engines in a race car.

I think the stuff they build is freaking cool, I don't know enough to doubt the power figures, though I think it would be pretty hard to tell the difference between 800hp and 1200hp on the street (is the difference being able to light up the tires at 110mph instead of 90mph??)

I'm curious about the 3000hp engine mentioned on the website. Isn't that the kind of power Pro-Mods were making when they started hitting the 6.5 range at the track?

If I had the checkbook, I'd definitely love to have one of the works of art in my junk (though if I had the checkbook, my junk probably wouldn't be junk ;)

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

the guy has his machine shop and dyno ...maybe takes in hd truck work too , but may be making a nice living with his packages , has brick and mortar action

there are a lot of engine builders out there

Leave a comment:

• min301
    replied

I've seen a handful of his motors,
    just never on a track.
    Having said that, I've built hundreds,
    hundreds none of you have seen either.

So...

Leave a comment:

• BangShiftChad
    replied

I honestly don't know anyone racing with one, but I do know that Nelson has been busting our balls for the past couple years wanting to put one in the Camaro for Bonneville. The problem is that EFI makes it hard to run multiple classes like we like to do.

Leave a comment:

• bbnova
    replied

Originally posted by KeithTurk
    I stayed out of this thread cause it's really about Money and Talent more then it is about HP and quality Engines...

Come On guys.... give me a break.... is there a single one of you who wouldn't own one of these???? Seriously... ( think winning the Lotto )

Several of us went with David when he raced the F-bomb... we know the gig and what it will and won't do... and Tonya took a ride to Bob's big boy in it.... Don't turn this into a F-Bomb this and that thread.... that isn't the point... the point is that motor had an Ass Load of power.... call it HP, BTU's or Dog poop.... it went down the track and ran fairly well on a sunny day..... Oh sure you'd Race it different.... ( I'm throwing that in cause we've already been down this road ).... Whatever....

Tom Nelson is simply one of us.... Trust me on this.... The guy lives and breaths this junk.... it's his World... and frankly he's taken a Bazzillion HUGE ass risks to be where he's at.... so cut the guy some slack....

DG.... I won't argue DYNO numbers, correction factors, or anything about Fuel Pump's PSI or XXX Lb injectors with you.... ( Hello I'm not Stupid... I'm just an idiot ) ( ahhh HELLO )

K
    Well said

Leave a comment:

• Dynoroom
    replied

<----- looking for the popcorn :o

;)

Leave a comment:

• KeithTurk
    replied

I stayed out of this thread cause it's really about Money and Talent more then it is about HP and quality Engines...

Come On guys.... give me a break.... is there a single one of you who wouldn't own one of these???? Seriously... ( think winning the Lotto )

Several of us went with David when he raced the F-bomb... we know the gig and what it will and won't do... and Tonya took a ride to Bob's big boy in it.... Don't turn this into a F-Bomb this and that thread.... that isn't the point... the point is that motor had an Ass Load of power.... call it HP, BTU's or Dog poop.... it went down the track and ran fairly well on a sunny day..... Oh sure you'd Race it different.... ( I'm throwing that in cause we've already been down this road ).... Whatever....

Tom Nelson is simply one of us.... Trust me on this.... The guy lives and breaths this junk.... it's his World... and frankly he's taken a Bazzillion HUGE ass risks to be where he's at.... so cut the guy some slack....

DG.... I won't argue DYNO numbers, correction factors, or anything about Fuel Pump's PSI or XXX Lb injectors with you.... ( Hello I'm not Stupid... I'm just an idiot ) ( ahhh HELLO )

K

Leave a comment:

• horsewidower
    replied

Originally posted by dieselgeek
    Originally posted by 67prostreet
    There is no question that he makes crazy horse power.
    I question 1500hp on 8 75 lb/hr injectors.
    Must be a "Hot Vapor" engine.

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied

Originally posted by dieselgeek
    I agree, even with a BSFC of .65, 100% injector duty cycle and 53psi of fuel pressure he would still need to run 110 lb/hr injectors.

I'm starting to think that Nelson equals BS, when it comes to his Power Ratings. ;)

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied

Originally posted by boxer3main
    I like what they do.

for the crazy shared rod pin, it is about as exotic as one is going to get.
    I watch their vids on youtube.

the small block with sohc, side tapped four bolt, top mount starter option..several engine mount options, full water (really got my attention there). they are trying for bigger audience.

That company would be surprised at how much sales increased if they would just show a 9to1 daily grandma ...in the sohc engine for example.

ponder full water, and the modern setup...dispersing the crazy in aluminum... :o
    As far as v8s go and staying enthused.. I would have one if a big spender.
    on a positive note - boxer, do you still have the link to the Nelson video where he's showing an entirely new engine he is apparently having designed?? 32v v-8 looks pretty badass. now THAT is impressive!

Leave a comment:

• nosnerd
    replied

...so do I....

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X