Wish me Luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wish me Luck!

Yellowmalibu hit it right on. Unconscious is GOOD - at least at times like this. But the prep sucks HUGE(hugely?). And things are gettin' better - ME just picked up some hyrdocodone. I'll be back in happyland soon.

Dan

Comment

Glad it was just an in and out procedure ;) Get well soon.

Buddy
      Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu
        Glad the procedure went well, and good luck with the catheter removal. :o

To those going in for a colonoscopy, from what I've been told, the procedure itself is a non-event since you're drugged. The worst part is the day before... not eating all day, drinking that nasty stuff and living on the toilet in preparation for the non-event you won't remember.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I've seen the Dave Barry article before. It's pretty much right on. Forgot to mention in my last missive that the first time I had one they found some polyps, which were removed at the time of the colonoscopy. The last one some 5 years later showed no problems so I have a 10 year respite. So it was worth it.

Bottom Line (sorry guys, I HAD to say it), get in to the doc and get this done. The cancer was definitely going to be worse that this procedure.

Dan

Comment

It seems that as we get older, all we want to talk about is aches and pains. But your message is strong, Dan. From my vantage point, all of us in my circle lost a former band member of mine to colon cancer. He just never went to the doctor. So it got him. It could have been prevented.

Singer, guitar player, keyboards, and a real person. Somebody you want to hang around with. Gone. In the ground. Not with us anymore. Because he never went to the doctor. He just didn't go. By the time he did, it was too late.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Back to me - after all, it's all about Me!

The catheter is OUT! Totally nasty experience. They tell you to pull it out while sitting on the toilet. I didn't fall for that. Get in the tub and be prepared to rinse down the aftermath - 'tain't pretty. Would have been all over the bathroom if I'd done it their way.

A bit sore but definitely better. I'm using them hydrocodone as needed, for sure.

Dan

Comment

Good to hear Dan - faucet's fixed !
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Glad to hear all is going well Dan.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Good Gawd man - and I'm worried about having to replace head gaskets again?

Great to hear you are getting through it.

Hydrocodone turn me into a complete zombie - I don't like those things - I'm glad they work for you.

I'm glad Duke is free of his tube and hopefully life will return to normal soon.

Damned shame you won't have any snow to write your name in this winter with your new found "stream strength"

TGIF guys TGIF!
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I've been thinking of heading up to the Ice Rink (just up the street from us) and using their Zamboni snow, just to try it out. Either way, I looking forward to the results of this ordeal. I wouldn't wish it on any of y'all, but some of you will eventually need it, unfortunately. I hope you get as good a doc and clinic as I've had here.

Dan

Comment

Glad you are okay Dan.Stay cool...this tread reminds me of gettin over 50.. ;D

Comment

Brother just had the ream job a couple of weeks ago, they did not tell him and
                          he was rather shocked, there will be some blood coloring for a while.
                          He opted out of the epidural, wide awake experience.

Comment

'Guy Plumbing'...eww ;D! Glad to hear your on the STRAIGHT & NARROW again,Dan! ~J/W.

Comment

Thanks, JW. I was always on the "straight" and "narrow" was the problem! You'll never know the joy........

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X