Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine carnage!!! 100 pounds of boost thru a cummins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine carnage!!! 100 pounds of boost thru a cummins.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Re: Engine carnage!!! 100 pounds of boost thru a cummins.

Originally posted by 64falconsix
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    I realize this isn't your youtube.... but I am pretty sure the engine in that vid is a DT466. I could be wrong. Guessing a Ford guy posted that :D
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Isn't a 466 a v-8?

Comment

Originally posted by 88ponypowr
        Isn't a 466 a v-8?
        nope, the T444 is the v8 (powerstroke). here's the DT466

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I thought maybe it could be a Cummins 8.3, but the injector pump placement is a little different (45 degree angle on the 8.3).

Dan Stokes??

Comment

It has wet sleeves, so definitely no a 6bt Cummins. Those IH model tractors ran DT-model variants, same as a DT466 but with varying displacements, maybe 414. But I have seen other videos with those motors splitting the block in half like that. Also remember that they are making over 2000hp with them.
            Still plays with trucks....

Comment

And here it is pre-blown up
              Dutch team 'European Maid' blow up their engine after some experimetal tweaks on the engine. Only the pistons and turbos remain inside.THIS is the definition...

or perhaps this is it.... surprising how often this happens
              Dutch team 'European Maid' blow up their engine after some experimetal tweaks on the engine. Only the pistons and turbos remain inside.THIS is the definition...
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Not enough left of that motor for me to ID it. And thanks for the shot of the DT466 - brings back memories of my old dyno buddy.

Dan

Comment

if know one ID's it in the next two days I'll have my dad look at it. He was rebuilding dt466 and detroits at age 16
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

glad to see the six fail like it is. Go 3408 and half the boost and get the same job done balanced. :

I am tortured by the six. I hope they blow up more of them.

at 38 psi, a scream can crack teeth... at 40, there goes the stock gaskets wherever it may choose...
                    and if seasonally incorrect for the overgrown dildo, 40psi can bend a block like a 250 chevy...the LONG way.

hilarious. Kill 'em all...don't even sort em out. >
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Your Dad is almost certainly going to have better input that I might. I have a LOT of experience but only with a few engines. We tended to run the same one for LONG periods of time. DT 466, Cummins ISB, late model Detroit inline sixes - that's most of my experience. Had a ThermoDyne and others on the dyno from time to time but not enough to have a good working knowledge of them.

Dan

Originally posted by kyhunter89
                      if know one ID's it in the next two days I'll have my dad look at it. He was rebuilding dt466 and detroits at age 16

Comment

Working...
                      X