Check in with your temps........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check in with your temps........

97* feels like 112* right now. Arild, thanks for the pictures. Beautiful stuff, that river/stream, is it big enough to canoe down?
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
      97* feels like 112* right now. Arild, thanks for the pictures. Beautiful stuff, that river/stream, is it big enough to canoe down?
      If you had a very narrow canoe Pumpkin...

But there are wider rivers here...with lots of action for canoe riders..i will take some shots there ;).You will be pleased.

Comment

Eastern U.S. cooks in summer heat

Residents scramble for shade, stay indoors as temperatures rise into the 90s.
        This was a headline on the MSN homepage.

And you got to be kidding, 90's??, F'n grow a pair, I was poring concrete at 11:00 this morning and it was 106 out.

Scrambling for shade, there was none, and you can't walk away from concrete. :

I think some of these guys from the East need to come out to the West and see how real men work. ;) ;D

Comment

I think some of these guys from the East need to come out to the West and see how real men work. ;) ;D

Us MEN here in the northeast have more Polar Beer in our blood than you, so the next time it's 65* with a cool breeze out there, and you look for a jacket to put on, think of who'd be telling you to grow a pair. lol ;D

Besides, it's not the heat, it's the humidity, as they say, and that was 92 present here in southern tier of NY, at 91 degrees.

My grandfather lived in Bullhead City AZ for the last 8 winters of his life, and he always said that a muggy day in the 80's here, was way more uncomfy than a dry 110 out there.
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

60 here in Tacoma.

It's quarter 'till two AM and I'm still awake.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

We found a place yesterday, 1/2 hour from my house (13,000' elevation) that was in the low 50s with fresh snow on the ground.
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                We found a place yesterday, 1/2 hour from my house (13,000' elevation) that was in the low 50s with fresh snow on the ground.
                Sure is nice to hear about others in the same situation .;D

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                  Damn!

That's.......well ........pretty cool!

You could cut the humidity here
                  with a knife.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro

And you got to be kidding, 90's??, F'n grow a pair, I was poring concrete at 11:00 this morning and it was 106 out.

According to this > http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA it was 90.0 ?F 73.0 dew point 57% humidity at 10:53 AM yesterday in Phoenix 8). Your high temp for yesterday was 105.1* with a dew point of 57.9* which equals a heat index of 105*. Here, our high was 99* with a dew point of 69.1* which equals a heat index of 106*. I was right out there in it too, laying tile, which can't be walked away from either. Looks as if I've got a pair ;). http://www.crh.noaa.gov/jkl/?n=heat_index_calculator

Matt

Comment

HA, I'd like to see those "real men " work in the winter in snow and ice and 30 mph winds and 9* out..
                      hahahahahaahahahaaaahahahahaah
                      real men

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

HA, I'd like to see those "real men " work in the winter in snow and ice and 30 mph winds and 9* out..
                        real men
                        Being in the cold is not a big deal, since you can just put more clothes on to keep warm. In the heat you can only take so many closes off before going to jail....... ;) ;D And your still going to be hot..... >

I'd take freezing cold temps over 115+ temps any day......

Comment

As Keith would say, Samsonite!

Matt

Comment

real men
                            Being in the cold is not a big deal, since you can just put more clothes on to keep warm. In the heat you can only take so many closes off before going to jail....... ;) ;D And your still going to be hot..... >

ever try to work with 10 layers on?
                            you fight the layers as much as the work at hand.

and it's not 115* all day and night..
                            in winter it's cald all the time..
                            I've benn to cali, and I'll take 107* of dry heat over the 95* and muggy we have,, as I sweet like a pig..
                            and sweet stings in thy eyes >

Comment

real men

ever try to work with 10 layers on?
                              you fight the layers as much as the work at hand.

and it's not 115* all day and night..
                              in winter it's cald all the time..
                              I've benn to cali, and I'll take 107* of dry heat over the 95* and muggy we have,, as I sweet like a pig..
                              and sweet stings in thy eyes >
                              Did you just say........you're as sweet as a pig?

:o
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

does tc even have a job ?

Comment

Working...
                                X