No announcement yet.

How many four wheelers do we have here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many four wheelers do we have here?

I did forget to put down my two jeep cherokees.
    HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

yes the seat is in the back,but this thing so light and easy to get anywhere i put it. did i say that there cheap to.

Comment

here is a pic of Paul and Marys Rubicon.

http://www.kcjeepclub.org/gallery/th...bum=312&page=1 link to their last wheeling event.

Comment

Hey guys, although Ive been reading on here for a while now, this is my first post.

1977 CJ5 Jeep
          Chevy 350
          ARB air lockers front and rear
          Dana 44 axles
          S.O.A. lift w/ crown 5 leaf packs
          shackle reversal in front

I Bought my Jeep in 2002 while stationed in Seattle. She was stock except for a Chevy 350 swap, 33" tires, and a shackle lift. I performed a spring-over lift and shackle-reversal in the front using aftermarket Crown 5 leaf packs for YJ's. I swapped the rear axle (Dana 20) for an International Scout Dana 44 rear end and installed an ARB air-locker. I swapped the front axle (Dana 30) for a cut and narrowed Chevy half-ton front axle which got the same air locker treatment.

I rebuilt the Jeep in 2005. I installed a new crate 350 (now broken from street-racing), new interior, 5 new body panels, new gauges, and a down periscope horn. since i had to move back to Texas from Seattle, my four wheeling has been scarce. I decided to paint her. I sprayed her with Sherwin Williams "Planet Color" paint. She recently received a Tuffy lockable center console and new Besttop soft top.

My next mod(after the engine fix)is to take some gear out of it. It was fine in Seattle but here in commuter hell Dallas, its kind of a pain. And the gas mileage is terrible.

Comment

That's a really good Jeep. Simple, proven.

Comment

Thanks David, simple and proven was my goal. There wasnt much else to do on deployments in the navy except read every hot rod, car craft, 4wheel, and jp magazine i could get my hands on. (hillbilly sailor, you know what im talking about)Reading tech articles helped me zero in on exactly what parts combos would work best and 9 1/2 months of saving paychecks on deployment helped me afford it. I tried not to over or under do any individual parts in hopes of obtaining good mechanical "Feng Shui".

Its good to see the forums are taking off, im really excited to see what the website will be like. You might remember me, i ran into you at sema, you were sitting outside with Chad. My father was with me, hes the one who works for Akzo Nobel powdercoating. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Sure, I remember you! Thanks for signing up!

Comment

Ya, i off road too. i have a 94 explorer (pathetic i know) and i also play with my dad's TJ in the mud.

Comment

Working...
                  X