Parsimonious? REALLY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsimonious? REALLY?

This is a word Jeff Smith uses in the current Car Craft. I've voiced my views on big words in "car guy" mags before....and I won't stop. Who in the freak are you trying to impress? Who in the freak do you expect to know that word? I'm sick and tired of it. Yeah, I know I'm not well versed on big words. But, I know my way around a wrench, and that's all that really matters to me. As I've written in the past......I understood MORE magazine "writings" in the 60's, as a child, than I do now. And I truly believe that's "wrong" on many levels. I appologize for the "F"-bombs...but they accurately reflect how I feel

come on Grouch....
    STUGOTS

Re: Parsimonious? REALLY?

I guess it would have been just to hard to say ''very frugal or ungenerous''.

Comment

It won't hurt to go look a word up every now and then. Thank Jeff for expanding your lexicon, groucho!

(coincidentally, if you haven't met Jeff - you should try, he's a way cool guy)
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

You can take the Italian out of the Bronx,but ya can't take the Bronx out of the Italian........... :D ;D! Git 'em Grouch-Oh! Jeff Smith must've been 'an Ivy-League Proffesor in a previous life,WHATEVER you DO 'G',DO NOT read the Issue with His gold 'Barn Find' '67 Z/28 on the Cover......you've been WARNED ;D :D ;)! ~J/W.

Comment

Yeah, but Groucho was just fine with Gray Baskervilles totally made up words.
          Originally posted by groucho
          This is a word Jeff Smith uses in the current Car Craft. I've voiced my views on big words in "car guy" mags before....and I won't stop. Who in the are you trying to impress? Who in the do you expect to know that word? I'm sick and tired of it. Yeah, I know I'm not well versed on big words. But, I know my way around a wrench, and that's all that really matters to me. As I've written in the past......I understood MORE magazine "writings" in the 60's, as a child, than I do now. And I truly believe that's "wrong" on many levels. I appologize for the "F"-bombs...but they accurately reflect how I feel
          Here's a nice short answer to what that word means. Have fun reading.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

parsimounious :
            I think that goes on chicken.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
              parsimounious :
              I think that goes on chicken.
              said the guy whose posts read like a William Shakespeare ode to Karl Benz!
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I thought "parsimonious" meant "like a preacher".

Dan

Comment

with today's world of internet look up..
                  would it kill ya to learn a new word?
                  plus.. it fulfills the educational content requirement..

it might have just been that new work you learn and use alot ,because of the newness of it..
                  and he wrote the story in that time period... so it ended up in it..
                  whatever the reason.. it got you to talk about it ;)

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                    I thought "parsimonious" meant "like a preacher".

Dan
                    Nah.........they grow on trees here in Missouri
                    and are bitter as hell if you eat 'em green........makes
                    your mouth pucker
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Monk - I wondered about that, too. We don't grow them here. Just Psalm trees.

Dan

Comment

Nope. Like a parson. "Sanctimonious" would be someone who drinks Sakna, no? Don't get me started on word games - this could go on forever. You've been warned.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                          Nope. Like a parson. "Sanctimonious" would be someone who drinks Sakna, no? Don't get me started on word games - this could go on forever. You've been warned.

Dan
                          Damn!!........spewed my Sanka over the keyboard here

;D
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

who drinks that mud

Comment

I thought Parsimonious was full-sized mid-70's Pontiac...

Ron
                              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                              X