we like this squirrel ^^^^^^
      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Re: Squirrel

Originally posted by oldsman71
        Originally posted by squirrel
        I'm allergic to lead.
        we like this squirrel ^^^^^^

Yep, but squirrels, the animals, are nothing but a constant aggravaton. I can't just shoot 'em - we live in the city. So there they are. Cuss 'em and laugh at 'em, take your pick. But there they are. They pee on my weather station, destroy the bird feeders......rats with fuzzy tails. Little bastards.

But I rather enjoyed the photos above. Yes, the dog sure did get its ass whipped by a squirrel. That's got to be humiliating. That's one that'll stay with you for a while if you're a big healthy black Lab. That's got to make you re-think some things. That had to hurt, worse than the real hurt. And somebody was there to take photos, no less.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

ya I hate them too wish they had poison or something for them!!! >
          maybe I can put a acorn on a stick of dynomite ;D
          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71
            ya I hate them too wish they had poison or something for them!!! >
            maybe I can put a acorn on a stick of dynomite ;D
            After the suggestion and offer, I'm still thinking about the 30-ought rifle. No, can't do it. The other houses are just too close.

pw

Comment

peewee, on my next visit I'll bring my air rifle and whack as many as I can.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Squirrels are unique. They're Vermin as well. Annnnnnd they're pretty neat to watch. ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                  peewee, on my next visit I'll bring my air rifle and whack as many as I can.
                  Pumpkin, I've got one of those here, used it to shoot (AT) turtles on the lake in South Carolina. But these quarters are so close, and it looks so much like a real gun....I don't want to get in trouble with the neighbors or anybody else. We've got it too good here. I say just cuss at the acrobatic rats and know that's a part of life. Heck, I don't think you could ever kill 'em all, anyhow, They're all over. Everywhere. There's lot of food for them in these parts.

Little bastards.

Comment

And skunks and raccoons. There are so many dead ones on the road around here, it's hard to imagine how many there must be in the woods. Must be plenty. But they don't come out to play on the bird feeder in the daylight.

Squirrels. Bastards.

Comment

I think the only time a cop car has ever been down our street was when I called them. And I didn't really mean to "call" them, I was just asking a question because I didn't know who else to call. We had a squirrel fall down inside our chimney. It's not quite a wood stove, but the fireplace has a chimney liner in it, so there's a space between the brick chimney and the exhaust for the fireplace.

That's where the squirrel fell, trapped between the bricks and the metal. Little bastard was scratching and clawing and grunting and making the most unholy racket. No way to even sleep with earplugs in with all of that going on. So I called the cops to only ASK, who do you call when something so strange happens? The dispatcher said, "We'll send out a unit right away."

I said, NO No No, I was only asking a question. They dispatched a unit.

Here comes the cop, and all the neighbors were peeking out of their windows, cops at Weeville. There goes the neighborhood.

The cop was the friendliest guy you could ever meet. He said, "They give me all the weird calls." Yeah, this was weird alright. He crawled around on the living room floor and shined his flashlight up into the fireplace. The squirrel was grunting and scratching and raising hell.

The cop said, "Do you have a ladder?"

I kind of argued with him for a minute, you are NOT getting up on this roof. It's too steep. He said he used to do roofing, no sweat.

The cop got up on the roof (you'd have to see the pitch on our roof - he was defying death) and determined that the squirrel was indeed stuck in a place in the chimney he couldn't reach.

The squirrel grunted and scratched in there for more than a week before he died. We'd be trying to have a conversation in the living room and we'd have to stop when the squirrel in the chimney started grunting and scratching again and raising hell. For days. For a week.

So now there's a squirrel skeleton in our chimney. Dead. And after that we were infested with flies in the house, eating the carcass and somehow finding their way into the house through a crack in the chimney somewhere.

Squirrel. Little Bastard.

Comment

back home I would rather have the squirrels that a bule Jay around...obnoxious damn birds...with the hell some squirrels would show up and eat these damn grackles....they will give a jay a run for its money....

BUT out here .... we have ground squirrels out here ... nasty disgusting little rodents ... they get up in your car and eat your wires ... the nibble your christmas lights ... and they get themselves aquished all over the road all the time ... then they eat each other ... nasty little things

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Squirrels are cute... but so are mice and other rodents if you're into that sort of thing.

If they get into your attic, squirrels will eat the wiring in your house (just like a rat will), they will pee all over the place (just like a rat will), stink up the place (just like a rat will)... but you never see a rat running across a road, zig zagging back and forth, only to get squished.

Squirrels are stupid and annoying pests that deserve to die... but because they're considered "cute" the exterminators aren't allowed to bait/ kill them.

Ponderous.

Comment

I think becasue squirrels are so acrobatic, lots of passivists think they're great. Yeah, squirrels can do great tricks. They'll do what they have to to get at your stuff, whatever stuff there is available to them.

When we lived on a lake in South Carolina, ..... Canada Geese. The worst non-predatory piece of breathing meat on earth. Give me a thousand squirrels instead on one of those damn French-honking every-step-shitting geese.

And there was one couple who were renting a house across the lake from us. They actually FED the geese, and got out in "their" yard and yelled at us when we were trying to run the geese away (which was never going to work anyway).

Everybody's got their own itinerary, I guess. Some just make more sense than others.

Comment

Ponderous indeed. I wonder why so many rodents have a death wish and insist on skampering across the highways and biways. In the Spring I'm guessing it's love - the little guys see a lady of the species and make a run for it without regard for the roadway - "gotta have a woman, gotta have a woman" like Ahab the Arab (Ray Stevens - look it up). But they seems to do it pretty much year 'round unless it's REALLY cold.

We cleverly bought a house with NO trees here in Wilmington. Whatever critters there are are in the neighbor's yards. We get to look at their pretty trees but we don't have to deal with the aftermath, including squirrels. And I haven't seen or smelled a skunk since we moved here. Maybe they left as a professional courtesy? We see deer pretty often (little bitty ones compared to MI whitetails) but few other creatures.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X