Squirrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Squirrel

OK Dan, and deer. They eat everything you ever try to plant and they...

I've got to stop. I'm sounding just like an animal hater. And I'm not that at all. At our house, pets rule. Members of the family. Okay, hush peewee.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
      Ponderous indeed. I wonder why so many rodents have a death wish and insist on skampering across the highways and biways. In the Spring I'm guessing it's love - the little guys see a lady of the species and make a run for it without regard for the roadway - "gotta have a woman, gotta have a woman" like Ahab the Arab (Ray Stevens - look it up). But they seems to do it pretty much year 'round unless it's REALLY cold.

We cleverly bought a house with NO trees here in Wilmington. Whatever critters there are are in the neighbor's yards. We get to look at their pretty trees but we don't have to deal with the aftermath, including squirrels. And I haven't seen or smelled a skunk since we moved here. Maybe they left as a professional courtesy? We see deer pretty often (little bitty ones compared to MI whitetails) but few other creatures.

Dan
      mini hi-jack...

Dan I belive you were thinking of the Jimmy Castor Bunch song called Troglodyte.....

"Sometimes he'd get up, try to do his thing. He'd begin to move, something like this: "Dance...dance". When he got tired of dancing alone, he'd look in the mirror: "Gotta find a woman gotta find a woman gotta find a woman gotta find a woman."

end hi-jack
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
        Originally posted by Pumpkin
        peewee, on my next visit I'll bring my air rifle and whack as many as I can.
        Pumpkin, I've got one of those here, used it to shoot (AT) turtles on the lake in South Carolina. But these quarters are so close, and it looks so much like a real gun....I don't want to get in trouble with the neighbors or anybody else. We've got it too good here. I say just cuss at the acrobatic rats and know that's a part of life. Heck, I don't think you could ever kill 'em all, anyhow, They're all over. Everywhere. There's lot of food for them in these parts.

Little bastards.
        That's when you pop a window screen out so you can shoot from your house and take advantage of all that food. It's like any other kind of hunting--you lure 'em out there and POW!
        Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Working...
        X